Cameron

Chapter 1

Dawei, what is IMO?

Dawei fell asleep.

IMO is "In my opinion".

And Dawei did well in his conversation with you.

• Like 1

Wu and Yu are complimentary comparative....  Unity (One) vs Duality (two).   

One could loosely call this the duality of Dao... that may see an odd idea as Dao is beyond duality but it is simply from our perspective that we see and assign this.  

And once this settles in.... go to Chapter 2 where Wu and Yu are used more as a duality in relation to each other, not Dao   :)

• Like 1

... as Dao is beyond duality ..

Is it? Even though unboundaried with the manifest?

Both, baby. Both. (-:

Is it? Even though unboundaried with the manifest?

Both, baby. Both. (-:

From the eyes of the manifest.... we can see duality.

From the eyes of Dao... we can see singularity.

From the eyes of the manifest.... we can see duality.

From the eyes of Dao... we can see singularity.

Yep!  Two eyes, both open at the same time.

blue-eyes.jpg

Both. (-:

Two becomes One.... One becomes Zero... Zero becomes ???

Ultimately, in the manifest world, we can only grasp duality... 

The mind is a part of universal consciousness and can meld with One.

The subconscious can meld with Zero.

The real question is, what do you meld with after that?

• Like 1

Two becomes One.... One becomes Zero... Zero becomes ???

Ultimately, in the manifest world, we can only grasp duality... 

The mind is a part of universal consciousness and can meld with One.

The subconscious can meld with Zero.

The real question is, what do you meld with after that?

Unboundaried = the simultaneous meld with One and Zero

That's how Dao is everywhere!

((dawei))

Fun stuff to think and not-think about. (-:

• Like 1

You two seem to have forgotten, or perhaps are just ignoring, the Ten Thousand Things.

At the very moment One gave birth to Two dualities have existed.  And they will continue to exist until the End of Days.

Yes, "wu" is limitless; "yu", however, is limited.  Dualities exist in "yu" only.  But that is where I live.

Sure, I can look at "wu".  I look and see nothing.  That is because it is not yet manifest - it is potential.

So yes, keep both eyes open.  But don't ignore what you don't like.  That would be illusion.  And don't imagine what does not yet exist.  That would be delusion.

And one should not walk backward (two, one, zero) because you can't see where you are going.  You would constantly be walking into and tripping over things you thought didn't exist.

• Like 1

You two seem to have forgotten, or perhaps are just ignoring, the Ten Thousand Things.

At the very moment One gave birth to Two dualities have existed.  And they will continue to exist until the End of Days.

Yes, "wu" is limitless; "yu", however, is limited.  Dualities exist in "yu" only.  But that is where I live.

Sure, I can look at "wu".  I look and see nothing.  That is because it is not yet manifest - it is potential.

So yes, keep both eyes open.  But don't ignore what you don't like.  That would be illusion.  And don't imagine what does not yet exist.  That would be delusion.

And one should not walk backward (two, one, zero) because you can't see where you are going.  You would constantly be walking into and tripping over things you thought didn't exist.

Good morning, Marblehead!

Ignoring yu makes no more sense than ignoring wu, oui?

You are a Materialist and a delightful one at that! Perhaps you are the cosmic balance for the Spiritual Materialists who seek to live *only* in a 'yu-less wu-state' <-- the attempt of which, and prolonged struggle for, can do as much harm to a person as its opposite.  Whichever 'side' is chosen is still an either/or trap; only half of the whole, rather than both, all.

warmest regards,

rene

• Like 1

I suppose you are right about my Materialist views.  And it is true, I do try to maintain harmony, not necessarily balance, between the two states.

I realize that this is supposed to be a spiritual board but we need to remain aware of the "real" world because that is where we live.

And yes, even for me, to ignore "wu" would be like walking around blind.  Afterall, my primary understanding of the "wu" state is that of potential.

But then, if we are ever able to escape dualistic thinking there would no longer be a problem.

• Like 1

But then, if we are ever able to escape dualistic thinking there would no longer be a problem.

It might be the problem begins with the idea that 'dualistic thinking' is something to escape from.

Living in the joyous manifest, dualistic thinking can be rather useful. That shrivelled orange would be bad to eat. If I live through this day that would be a good thing. lol

Making something important enough to try and rid yourself of it - only reinforces it, imo.

But we each have our own ways, and I'm glad you share yours with us. (-:

warm regards

• Like 1

True, there are limits to how detached we can be regarding dualities.  That old "useful/useless" concept.

And yes, making something important enough to have a need to get rid of it is something I speak against regarding getting rid of our ego and desires.  Ego is our protection and desires give us something to live for.

Hehehe.  I have never had a problem with sharing my opinions and understandings.  That should be obvious.

But I always enjoy trying to view something from a perspective that is different from what mine would normally be.

I'd say ego is a shell and shells are made to be cracked open to let something out after the shell has served its purpose, also an ego will never be 100% fearless since fear in various ways is part of egos nature. (of dualistic doubt and division).

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2