Old Man Contradiction

My health on the table

:lol: Thanks a lot Vajrahridaya. I am here to tickle your lazy minds. Well, not all of you are lazy, but those who are will definitely feel the tickle.

Oh! Ok... for some reason I'm laughing my ass off right now. Dig the energy my man! :lol::lol::lol:

question #2, which is not really a health issue. How can I cool down my body's craving for sex?

According to Master Nan Huai Chin, a simple method is to decrease the amount of food one eats. Even a fast for a short period can be helpful. Or not eat after noon.

One should take the practice to it's fullest extent before tolling out advice of dropping what one has not yet experienced directly. Buddhism is designed to take one beyond being and non-being...

GIH has a mental dogma that's worse than a religious dogma sometimes. Having the non-dual experience doesn't mean neglecting the process, as duality is what's non-dual, it's not that non-duality is dual. Don't put your cart before the horse. Ya dig?

You seem to have taken my statement personally...

All I'm say is that I feel that buddhist scripture and teachings point beyond buddhism itself. You are eventually going to have to transcend beliefs too.

According to Master Nan Huai Chin, a simple method is to decrease the amount of food one eats. Even a fast for a short period can be helpful. Or not eat after noon.

I did not know that, thanks for the help.

exercise more, walk, swim

and do secret smile meditation

is secret smile similar to "inner smile" a la mantak chia?

I've been taught (but almost never do) to hold a smile during zhan zhuang (along w/ full body awareness, mind initiated muscular work, and the readiness to react to the environment at every moment).

Would smiling into the body during zhan zhuang have a similar transformation occur?

is secret smile similar to "inner smile" a la mantak chia?

I've been taught (but almost never do) to hold a smile during zhan zhuang (along w/ full body awareness, mind initiated muscular work, and the readiness to react to the environment at every moment).

Would smiling into the body during zhan zhuang have a similar transformation occur?

Somewhat related but different and more powerfull:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=9719

Definitively do the smiling during your stances. It absolutely will have a big effect. What I want to do is build up a lot of "smiling power" with the inner smile so it will take me 30 seconds to get into a state where I am saturated with the smiing energy. You know where you can now in seconds get into a state energeticly that it took you a long time to get to in the first place. Once I have that smling power I can take tiny smilling brakes during the day and access strong smiling energy while doing poses. To a small extent I can already do it a good deal more then in the begining. The same thing is the aim with the seret smile. Get to where you can get into it in a powerfull way realy fast so you can always do a quick warm up for anything etc.

Somewhat related but different and more powerfull:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=9719

Definitively do the smiling during your stances. It absolutely will have a big effect. What I want to do is build up a lot of "smiling power" with the inner smile so it will take me 30 seconds to get into a state where I am saturated with the smiing energy. You know where you can now in seconds get into a state energeticly that it took you a long time to get to in the first place. Once I have that smling power I can take tiny smilling brakes during the day and access strong smiling energy while doing poses. To a small extent I can already do it a good deal more then in the begining. The same thing is the aim with the seret smile. Get to where you can get into it in a powerfull way realy fast so you can always do a quick warm up for anything etc.

I bet this will help me not feel awkward smiling. It sounds weird because it's just an old ego pattern.

But sometimes I'll be happy and smiling, than I will notice that I'm smiling and a feeling of awkwardness comes up and washes my smiling happiness away. I'm left In a state of an awkward, fear based feeling. Also I'd like to be able to smile at people, even my friends, without feeling self-conscious about it. By the way, these issues have calmed down since I started my practice.

Edited by Old Man Contradiction

So far I think Trunk has given the best advice here.

In addition to his post I would add to look into diet. By far for me the best diet model I have found is that outlined by Dr. Robert Young (The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health).

http://www.phmiracleliving.com/

I bet this will help me not feel awkward smiling. It sounds weird because it's just an old ego pattern.

But sometimes I'll be happy and smiling, than I will notice that I'm smiling and a feeling of awkwardness comes up and washes my smiling happiness away. I'm left In a state of an awkward, fear based feeling. Also I'd like to be able to smile at people, even my friends, without feeling self-conscious about it. By the way, these issues have calmed down since I started my practice.

But realy, try t do the liver sound - ssshhhhhh - 6 times after each other with a few breaths in between just to see if it works because that should cool down the liver. I am sure you will find six healing sounds on youtube so you can hear the correct sound.