Hi hfd,

Okay. I will say something.

I pretty much agree with what you said but I think you didn't even need to add that last phrase: only of simultaneous motion and stillness to your statement.

Happy Trails!

Hi hfd,

Okay. I will say something.

I pretty much agree with what you said but I think you didn't even need to add that last phrase: only of simultaneous motion and stillness to your statement.

Happy Trails!

Yes, I was trying to expand on it as Stigweard had requested. Actually, everything past the original words were extraneous, as I knew they would be. Some things must be experienced ourselves before someone else's descriptions or explanations can make sense.

And thank you for saying you were going to say something. :lol:

Yes, I was trying to expand on it as Stigweard had requested. Actually, everything past the original words were extraneous, as I knew they would be. Some things must be experienced ourselves before someone else's descriptions or explanations can make sense.

And thank you for saying you were going to say something. :lol:

Hehehe. You know I was prodding you to say something, don't you?

I totally agree with what I highlighted above.

Happy Trails!

how about: waiting for my coworker to show up so i can go home :lol:

Yeah, I suppose that could be considered a form of wu wei.

I worked at a local government agency for a while and knew of a lot of employees who 'wu weied' the larger part of their work-day.

Happy Trails!

Yeah, I suppose that could be considered a form of wu wei.

I worked at a local government agency for a while and knew of a lot of employees who 'wu weied' the larger part of their work-day.

Happy Trails!

Hi marblrhead, your Laoist Taoism is different in a couple ways from my Huang-Lao Taoism (Yellow Emperor - Lao Tzu). Your example implies wu wei is a bad thing in some situations. But in HLT wu wei is not just "doing nothing", it means"non-contrived action" or action emptied of self-oriented scheming; action just following the natural flow (laws) of nature, like a leaf floats along in a stream. Anyway, have a good day.

Edited by Tao99

Hi marblrhead, your Laoist Taoism is different in a couple ways from my Huang-Lao Taoism (Yellow Emperor - Lao Tzu). Your example implies wu wei is a bad thing in some situations. But in HLT wu wei is not just "doing nothing", it means"non-contrived action" or action emptied of self-oriented scheming; action just following the natural flow (laws) of nature, like a leaf floats along in a stream. Anyway, have a good day.

Hi Tao99,

Marblehead practices Marblehead Taoism. "Wu wei is not just "doing nothing", it means"non-contrived action" or action emptied of self-oriented scheming; action just following the natural flow (laws) of nature" is part of Laoist (Lao Tzu) ways.

Marblehead practices Marblehead Taoism.

I love that !!!!!!! I'm going to use it if I ever get the chance! :)

Happy Trails!

I love that !!!!!!! I'm going to use it if I ever get the chance! :)

You average 16 posts per day. I'm sure the chance will come. :mellow:

I apologize that I gave you the impression that I was suggesting that wu wei might be a bad thing in some situations. That was not my intention.

My post above was referring to people who were doing nothing (wu wei) when they should have been doing work for their employer. In other words, they were being lazy.

My understanding of wu wei is the same as yours.

But oftentimes in life there are things that need be done even though we have no inspiration to do that whatever. If we want to earn money so we can live a comfortable life we might sometimes have to accept a job that we do not enjoy doing and there is no naturalness in our essence to allow us to perform at this job in a wu wei manner. Therefore we must fake it.

I am willing to make a generalized statement and say that there are actually very few people who can live their life in a total 100% wu wei manner. Most all of us, at times, must do things that we don't like doing, and have no desire to do, but must be done none-the-less.

That is why it is said that the lucky person is one who finds a job doing what they already do as a hobby. That way the person never has to work a single day of their life.

Happy Trails!