Sign in to follow this  
hyok

... but I like my ego...

Hi Vajrahridaya,

We are in general agreement on this one.

Every time I observe to gain understanding I am seeking (to gain knowledge). The point is, we need to know when to stop and allow this new information to become established in our mind.

Indeed, we are not told to remove all desires. That would be unnatural. But we are told to lessen them so we can be more at peace with our Self.

Be well!

Ah, again, that "nature" concept. The ramifications of that implied limitation is generally not investigated.

Ah, again, that "nature" concept. The ramifications of that implied limitation is generally not investigated.

It appears to me that you really want to talk about the nature of the human animal. I suppose one of us should start a thread on the subject.

Be well!

It appears to me that you really want to talk about the nature of the human animal. I suppose one of us should start a thread on the subject.

Be well!

Well, I guess what I mean is that how this universe evolves or it's nature, is based upon how the last universe ended, as in what was left in the many individual's karmas that entered into formless samadhi at the end of the last universe when all dense objects and matter were burnt away and all that was left was a whole bunch of people that had the consensus of oneness as a formless consciousness state and they all seemed to merge together into that state together in bliss, only to come out of it one by one after the merits of that state of focus and agreement were burnt up. Thus the different long lived gods were born first in this universe and they teach according to their experience and belief that we all come from one formless truth, or that it's a God, or a impersonal potentiality, then the realms slowly manifested from refined conscoiusness realms where there was not really density, then into dense more dualistic realms of conscious experience of consciousness and matter.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Well, I guess what I mean is that how this universe evolves or it's nature, is based upon how the last universe ended, as in what was left in the many individual's karmas that entered into formless samadhi at the end of the last universe when all dense objects and matter were burnt away and all that was left was a whole bunch of people that had the consensus of oneness as a formless consciousness state and they all seemed to merge together into that state together in bliss, only to come out of it one by one after the merits of that state of focus and agreement were burnt up. Thus the different long lived gods were born first in this universe and they teach according to their experience and belief that we all come from one formless truth, or that it's a God, or a impersonal potentiality, then the realms slowly manifested from refined conscoiusness realms where there was not really density, then into dense more dualistic realms of conscious experience of consciousness and matter.

Now see? There you go talking about reincarnation and karma, two concepts that I do not hold to so it is really impossible for me to discuss them.

And if these long-lived gods were the first-borns who supposedly taught the new reincarnated humans how to live properly either they were very ignorant or they did a very poor job of showing us the way.

Be well!

My curiosities pertaining to the lasting qualities of Ego/personality are largely tied to the concept of the Shen Spirit - or the Spirit Sage, which, by all accounts of Taoist philosophy and practice, seems to be the state of being all of us are striving for.

What is the Shen Spirit or Spirit Sage, exactly?

Edited by hyok

And if these long-lived gods were the first-borns who supposedly taught the new reincarnated humans how to live properly either they were very ignorant or they did a very poor job of showing us the way.

Be well!

I do agree, these are the gods of various Abrahamic religions and also Hinduism. They say, I am the one supreme god and worship none other than me. They take revenge and kick certain people out of heaven realms, they aren't enlightened, just long lived and powerful. Like dictators.

May I have a part of my ego? :)

Sure. Why not? You do, afterall, need to know that you are you and not somebody else.

Be well!

Sign in to follow this