Baguakid

Wang Liping Event

Did this go off yet in China? Any results from anyone who went?

I went to Wang Liping's Second Moscow seminar (May--June '09). What kind of results are you looking for? :)

I went to Wang Liping's Second Moscow seminar (May--June '09). What kind of results are you looking for? :)

Anything. Was it worth it? Did you learn anything useful? Or, was it an event to be close to a famous person.

Anything. Was it worth it? Did you learn anything useful? Or, was it an event to be close to a famous person.

Oh, OK.

Yes, it was worth it -- super worth it.

Yes, I learned a lot.

No, it wasn't a "close to a famous person" event. It was hard work all the way. I don't think I ever worked as hard alchemically. I was the only American there, most other participants were members of Wang Liping's student's Viktor Xiao's taijiquan studio who had attended the First seminar in Moscow and did a minimum of six months' worth of Dragon Gate alchemical work prior to this one (that was the prerequisite).

I was going to tell the bums all about it when I have the time.

Edited by Taomeow

Oh, OK.

Yes, I learned a lot.

No, it wasn't a "close to a famous person" event. It was hard work all the way. I don't think I ever worked as hard alchemically. I was the only American there, most other participants were members of Wang Liping's student's Viktor Xiao's taijiquan studio who had attended the First seminar in Moscow and did a minimum of six months' worth of Dragon Gate alchemical work prior to this one (that was the prerequisite).

Wow, I'm really curious about this Wang Liping stuff. I read Opening the Dragons Gate about 10 or 12 years ago and was thoroughly impressed. I would really enjoy hearing about your experience?

Wow, I'm really curious about this Wang Liping stuff. I read Opening the Dragons Gate about 10 or 12 years ago and was thoroughly impressed. I would really enjoy hearing about your experience?

so you can doink on it for not being source/self/soul-less as has been 'completely proven' by Buddhism? :lol: (jk)

Edited by Tao99

so you can doink on it for not being source/self/soul-less as has been 'completely proven' by Buddhism? :lol: (jk)

WARNING: Way off topic, ignore.

I'm not convinced either way about Taoism as of yet. There's no intelligent creator, all phenomena and experiences are mutually co-arising, the Tao is merely a word used to describe the ungraspable nature of the flow. It seems pretty Buddhist to me, though maybe not as detailed in describing what enlightenment actually is? I don't know enough about Taoism to say either way. Having been a Vedantin my entire life... I know plenty about it to say.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Well, I'm only interested in internal work. If the WLP seminar was internal work and not just theory then that's good. It always interests me though how it's like pulling teeth to get anything out of the more senior people that follow him. So tiring.

Anyway, Taomeow, I'd be interested in hearing more.

Thanks,

Oh, OK.

Yes, I learned a lot.

Here is another who would love to hear about it. (I am a big fan of your posts btw ;) ) Experiences, impressions, insights, syllabus, anything. Were they teaching Yin Xian Fa, or perhaps basic Lingbao Bifa or Golden Flower stuff if there were prerequisites?

Also, what practices do you do that the prerequisites were waived? Pietro once said something cryptic about you being in a Water-Method lineage. This piqued my interest, but you didn't seem to be around for me to ask you about it at the time. (Sorry to the OP for the tangent...)

Yours,

Tyler

Baguakid,

Could you elaborate on your original post? Is there an upcoming WLP event? One that recently ended? What exactly were you asking?

Edited by Creation

Here are the newest information for this event.

1. 2009 Jinhua Wang Liping Summer Camp

2. Grand opening ceremony. pictures for the Summer Camp Grand Opening Ceremony

3. More Summer Camp pictures, you may need register

There was recently (several months ago, a post about a seminar... camp.. wait.. here it is:

http://www.dao-de.org/dragongate/news/news.html

I guess it's next month..

The Book Authors of <Opening the Dragon Gate > Discuss with Foreign Students in 1st Taoist Culture Camp of Health and Culture

Please see the detail here.

DSC_08050518.gif

Now, 2009 Taoism Health and Culture Summer Camp in Jinhua.

1. 2009 Jinhua Wang Liping Summer Camp

2. Grand opening ceremony. pictures for the Summer Camp Grand Opening Ceremony