Sloppy Zhang

Karma Acceleration

So every once in a while I've heard someone talking about karma acceleration, that as you cultivate and start to do stuff, more and more bad things start to happen to you all at one time, because you are going through that and clearing it out as you move on to the next level.

Now I don't know much about it, because I haven't heard it brought up in the practices that I do (though I'm not that advanced I must say, so maybe I just haven't learned about it yet).

So could you guys explain it? Is it even true? How does it work?

Thanks.

So every once in a while I've heard someone talking about karma acceleration, that as you cultivate and start to do stuff, more and more bad things start to happen to you all at one time, because you are going through that and clearing it out as you move on to the next level.

That is a new one to me, but interesting.

So could you guys explain it?

No, at least I can't.

Is it even true?

Perhaps it is uneven true?

How does it work?

Perhaps it doesn't, rather you do.

I am interested in this.

Perhaps this is why there is an inverse relationship between wealth and wisdom?

Funny I find that when I and others dont do any practice then life falls apart. When I practice life comes together. Emotional stuff definatley comes up more. It miht be everyone has different karmic debts to pay so the effects might differ for some people.

(14) Jesus said to them, "If you fast, you will give rise to sin for yourselves; and if you pray, you will be condemned; and if you give alms, you will do harm to your spirits..."

- Gospel of Thomas

Its like waking up in the morning. The body hurts, is stiff and slow. The light is too bright and all you want to do is get back to sleep. Reality hits you: you will be late for work, dammit! Thats karma.

But then, as you keep practicing you become warm and flexible and awake. It all becomes more good and easy. And you realize the challenges you get at work is actually pretty fun!

If you stop practicing you become stiff and sleepy again.

Edited by sheng zhen

No, at least I can't.

then why post?

Now I don't know much about it, because I haven't heard it brought up in the practices that I do (though I'm not that advanced I must say, so maybe I just haven't learned about it yet).

Thanks.

I'll try to help you through the best of my ability but I recommend seeing a Lama to help you understand this better, as i'm not clairvoyant I can't tell you what you need to know to truly understand :D

yes, its true. ..there is much karma that is "in queue" or waiting to ripen in the subtle deepest reaches of your mind, like seeds waiting to sprout. as you meditate and purify, these seeds get awakened and burnt up. meditation quickens the process of karmic activity because through meditation you access deeper layers of mind and purifying bad karma.. once karma from this life is burnt up (ie. negative habits are dismissed) past lives, and this goes pretty far. I have a friend who burnt up all his karma from this universe and thought he was done, until karma from the previous universe (before the end of the cosmic eon) unfolded, and now he's going through a lot of crap. since the mindstream is beginningless, there is much karma to experience and burn up.

I'll try to help you through the best of my ability but I recommend seeing a Lama to help you understand this better, as i'm not clairvoyant I can't tell you what you need to know to truly understand :D

Not looking for a lama, just anyone that can give insight (there's not even a lama anywhere near me anyway, that's why we have the internet :) )

yes, its true. ..there is much karma that is "in queue" or waiting to ripen in the subtle deepest reaches of your mind, like seeds waiting to sprout. as you meditate and purify, these seeds get awakened and burnt up. meditation quickens the process of karmic activity because through meditation you access deeper layers of mind and purifying bad karma.. once karma from this life is burnt up (ie. negative habits are dismissed) past lives, and this goes pretty far. I have a friend who burnt up all his karma from this universe and thought he was done, until karma from the previous universe (before the end of the cosmic eon) unfolded, and now he's going through a lot of crap. since the mindstream is beginningless, there is much karma to experience and burn up.

Hmm, interesting....

And slightly sucky :(

Thanks.

Burning off karma can be done. But since there is no beginning and no end, you can't possibly finish. Only way is to uproot all defilements from the heart be liberated, wait for the physical body to die. No more rebirth - liberation.

mouse

Perhaps this is why there is an inverse relationship between wealth and wisdom?

Generally, not always.

Thanks.

Yep, my teachers say the same thing. If you want to progress, you have to pay your debt first. The best way to counter this is to consciously and regularly generate good karma, especially by tithing and service.