Sign in to follow this  
dwai

What is a phenomenon?

When you fail to display even a minute level of sensibility on an online forum and try to step on everyone's neck, you will get kicked ... even if you scream and call names and claim of attacks and twist and turn and all that ... It's best you go back to watching that movie you were watching in "other realms". Or try not to shit on everyone else here like Mikaelz who thinks its his right to do that and run away. Naw, doesn't work that way mister... :P

But dear SV, it's you that are calling people names and being the jerk.

I was just claiming what the Buddha claimed. Which you should know that he did, since your so well studied. That to see D.O. is to see the Dharma. Also that Vipassana is about applying D.O. to every experience.

No, it's you that have shown his true colors, even after being remarked as a jerk, you act more like a jerk. My logic is sound and I back it up with quotes. I quoted the Dalai Lama where he talks about theistic absorption paths and that Buddhayana is the only complete path to liberation.

Your the one without logic. Like I said, it doesn't matter if Vajrayana is influenced by what, it's still a different view on the methods. Your view is eternalist, it's not the middle way of the Buddha. How many quotes do you need?

Or do you just insult people until they are sick of arguing with you, then you declare youself the winner because they just leave you to your mighty crown of online asshole? Calling you one is probably more compassionate than anything else at this point, because you started with insults from the very beginning and didn't even argue, you just insulted. Then you throw a few points out there, quoting from some Dark Zen view points positing an essence, which is stuff that no orthodox Buddhist would accept.

It's completely foolish to argue with you, because your mental dogmas keep your power to actually read what is said with any objectivity narrow.

Yes, I said it, you've been an asshole the entire time I've seen you from day one.

:blink:

Bye.

what the fuck is wrong with you Silicon? have you not gotten laid today? I unblocked you because I felt bad, maybe I overreacted, but holy shit man. I see you shitting all over the place. YOU WIN! OK? is that what you want? your ego is hanging out of your pocket, go pick it up and pretend like you're actually on a spiritual path of some sort.

Ah Master Mikaelz does a favor by unblocking me :P

I was seriously considering bowing out of the discussion and then no...till someone kicks you hard, you don't refrain from shouting, do you? You had to unnecessarily bring in Hindu deities, pass comments and shit? There was no reason whatsoever to make that statement here and it was no way related to anything being discussed. If you are stuck, shove something in man? Don't shit everywhere ... And you want others to take what you say and smile back at you? NO

Dwai being the nice guy that he is agreed and said ok, have it your way...but no! your diarrhea won't stop! You only seem to wait to throw shit at anything Hindu ... Give it a rest ok? You didn't seem very pleased when remarks were made on H H Dalai Lama or another Lama on other threads? But you can shit everywhere and thats fine!

But dear SV, it's you that are calling people names and being the jerk.

I was just claiming what the Buddha claimed. Which you should know that he did, since your so well studied. That to see D.O. is to see the Dharma. Also that Vipassana is about applying D.O. to every experience.

No, it's you that have shown his true colors, even after being remarked as a jerk, you act more like a jerk. My logic is sound and I back it up with quotes. I quoted the Dalai Lama where he talks about theistic absorption paths and that Buddhayana is the only complete path to liberation.

Your the one without logic. Like I said, it doesn't matter if Vajrayana is influenced by what, it's still a different view on the methods. Your view is eternalist, it's not the middle way of the Buddha. How many quotes do you need?

Or do you just insult people until they are sick of arguing with you, then you declare youself the winner because they just leave you to your mighty crown of online asshole? Calling you one is probably more compassionate than anything else at this point, because you started with insults from the very beginning and didn't even argue, you just insulted. Then you throw a few points out there, quoting from some Dark Zen view points positing an essence, which is stuff that no orthodox Buddhist would accept.

It's completely foolish to argue with you, because your mental dogmas keep your power to actually read what is said with any objectivity narrow.

Yes, I said it, you've been an asshole the entire time I've seen you from day one.

:blink:

Bye.

You agree it is foolish but still continue arguing ... mine are dogma yours transcend dogmas... man, please....something new ... i ;)

Edited by Siliconvalley1

Ah Master Mikaelz does a favor by unblocking me :P

I was seriously considering bowing out of the discussion and then no...till someone kicks you hard, you don't refrain from shouting, do you? You had to unnecessarily bring in Hindu deities, pass comments and shit? There was no reason whatsoever to make that statement here and it was no way related to anything being discussed. If you are stuck, shove something in man? Don't shit everywhere ... And you want others to take what you say and smile back at you? NO

Hindu dieties were already mentioned, I didn't bring them in. I merely mentioned that I took a class in India that confirmed what Vajra is saying about Hindu gods fighting and acting like children. kind of like how you act, buddy. maybe you need better role models :lol:

look how defensive you get about Hindu gods, as if its part of your identity, as if its part of who you are. But it isn't. you're the one creating this "us vs them" mentality here, there never was an us. you and dwai created it by being overly defensive and not able to have a simple debate. it's pointless to continue this it seems.

Edited by mikaelz

Hindu dieties were already mentioned, I didn't bring them in. I merely mentioned that I took a class in India that confirmed what Vajra is saying about Hindu gods fighting and acting like children. kind of like how you act, buddy. maybe you need better role models :lol:

And I quoted examples from Buddhist Tantra ... you chose to ignore that .... like you always ignore anything valid you cannot counter.. I am telling you, time to grab Namdrol or whatever the name of that dude is :P

And its evident you still have not taken a "class" on Buddhist Tantra, especially that you profess eternal allegiance to Vajrayana? And you don't want to read what was written as well? Even if you did, you will reject it on the pretext of DO? Nothing new :lol:

Edited by Siliconvalley1

no one, especially me, is going to read a 10 page quote when its not even clear what your point is.

look how defensive you get about Hindu gods, as if its part of your identity, as if its part of who you are. But it isn't. you're the one creating this "us vs them" mentality here, there never was an us. you and dwai created it by being overly defensive and not able to have a simple debate. it's pointless to continue this it seems.

You didn't seem very pleased when remarks were made on H H Dalai Lama or another Lama on other threads? But you can shit everywhere and thats fine!

Nope, from day one I stand clear that I don't see Buddhism and Advaita as being same. I only jumped in when unneeded remarks were passed about Hindus, Hinduism etc. almost edging on being Racist. While you may disagree, I still think you were trying to slander unnecessarily, and that is without even considering some of the initial hateful posts you wrote and removed and re-edited.

The you became we only because you displayed your unfamiliarity with Hinduism or its core principles, copy+pasting from web. You got VH (yeah Van Halen) to bail you out but he didn't do a good job didn't he? All it took was to show some courtesy even while stating your views and disagreements ... You can't complain when you failed to do that.. If you can blabber what you want, so will others :lol:

no one, especially me, is going to read a 10 page quote when its not even clear what your point is.

Don't bother... its won't sink into thick heads who have chosen to shut their upper chamber :P

You didn't seem very pleased when remarks were made on H H Dalai Lama or another Lama on other threads? But you can shit everywhere and thats fine!

I don't shit anywhere. you're merely projecting your own shitting onto me.

Nope, from day one I stand clear that I don't see Buddhism and Advaita as being same. I only jumped in when unneeded remarks were passed about Hindus, Hinduism etc. almost edging on being Racist. While you may disagree, I still think you were trying to slander unnecessarily, and that is without even considering some of the initial hateful posts you wrote and removed and re-edited.

never did such a thing. you're fantasizing.

The you became we only because you displayed your unfamiliarity with Hinduism or its core principles, copy+pasting from web. You got VH (yeah Van Halen) to bail you out but he didn't do a good job didn't he?

I think he did an excellent job, and he only reiterated what i was saying before he came. I never changed my position that Hinduism is eternalist and according to Buddhism does not lead to liberation. I invited him to come because he speaks from experience, and has deep experiential insights from meditation. being a former practitioner of Advaita, I felt he would make a good addition to the discussion. I didn't expect you guys to get so defensive and go crazy.

all you've really done here Silicon is attack people and act like a sarcastic prick. you've made zero contribution to this discussion and I really think its best for everyone if you stop posting.

Edited by mikaelz

I read some of it. It doesn't change my point at all which is exactly your point as well. I didn't really understand why that was put there? That was never really my point that Vajrayana and Hindu Tantra don't share a common ground and cross influenced each other. I'm fine with that. Just like Vajrayana influenced Bon and now Bon at this point is no different from Buddhism, really.

The Cosmology is still different between Hinduism and Buddhism in very important ways that show that no, they indeed don't point to the same core Truth.

::Shrug::

I would like to quote some pages from my Buddhist cosmology book that prove my point, but it's pretty late and I'm lazy. :P

I don't shit anywhere. you're merely projecting your own shitting onto me.

never did such a thing. you're fantasizing.

I think he did an excellent job, and he only reiterated what i was saying before he came. I never changed my position that Hinduism is eternalist and according to Buddhism does not lead to liberation.

The "according to Buddhism" tag came in gradually after a protest was lodged against sounding general and universal. Before VH's blabber, only Xabir was talking and you were repeating just this one sentence. :lol:

As for position, neither have I... I did not ask anyone to as well...

As for being rude and condescending, I did forward links to some of your posts to the legal folks, who are for your information not Hindu, and the comments - especially about the monkey God, they agree was racial. 6 comments fit into the category of racism, and two others, apart from me and Dwai - commented on the older thread agreeing the slandering was uncalled for. I pointed out from day one not to club "Hindu" with "Advaita" and it was not without a reason. So, there is no fantasy here or reading too much out of context.

I read some of it. It doesn't change my point at all which is exactly your point as well. I didn't really understand why that was put there? That was never really my point that Vajrayana and Hindu Tantra don't share a common ground and cross influenced each other. I'm fine with that. Just like Vajrayana influenced Bon and now Bon at this point is no different from Buddhism, really.

The Cosmology is still different between Hinduism and Buddhism in very important ways that show that no, they indeed don't point to the same core Truth.

::Shrug::

I would like to quote some pages from my Buddhist cosmology book that prove my point, but it's pretty late and I'm lazy. :P

Like I said, thick heads don't get it...

- I summarized what I was trying to say in that very post, and of course, you chose to ignore that, especially the third point about deities and fights and battles.

- The second point was to point out that the belief regarding Vedas being misinterpreted and remains of Buddhism etc. are baseless! That is just a sectarian Buddhist view and very few Buddhists except the Tibetans agree - I explained in my post why they agree with this as they need to substantiate certain elements of vajrayana, this was true especially in the days of the upsurge of Tantric Mahayana.

And as this thread is "comparison" between the two, if you want to state Buddhist side of it, I should do the other side as well! It would however have been better if the counter arguments were sensible, and based on a study rather than "I meditate, you don't and so you don't know" and so on ...

I repeatedly pointed out that I agree the two are NOT trying to state the same. They are based of different frameworks and the way two are being compared was an incorrect model. As this point was conveniently ignored and cleverly by Xabir, I had to speak the language which the audience gets :)

You insist on proving what Buddha said (obviously you did not study the historical development of Buddhism) is way "superior" to every other system. Different is agreed, superior, may be to you ... when you contest like a fanatic for it, someone should represent the poor, other lame religions as well no? After all there needs to be fair representation of both sides :lol:

all you've really done here Silicon is attack people and act like a sarcastic prick. you've made zero contribution to this discussion and I really think its best for everyone if you stop posting.

You admitted you do not have the patience to read what I posted ... and I am sure you did and didn't get anything :lol: but you complain of non-contribution! Can you please read through the entire thread and list what you have contributed here except state repeatedly DO and Buddhism transcends other schools of thought! Don't be so quick to judge others as there are several judging you ...

You seem really fickle minded dude... you claim other paths are useless, and lead nowhere, and then you look around for Shaktipat form the same person you criticized to the core...you ignore me (or claim so) and then want to come back and read what I write ... and then you want me to stop posting... hmmm...make up your mind...No shamatha or vipashyana yet ?? I guess the broken mirror that VH is trying to show everyone else needs to be used by you two to start with before accusing me of being sarcastic, abusive and not contributing ... :P

Edited by Siliconvalley1

Like I said, thick heads don't get it...

How do you feel when you insult people SV?

- I summarized what I was trying to say in that very post, and of course, you chose to ignore that, especially the third point about deities and fights and battles.

Yes, they had plenty and there are these realms, you can visit them in meditation. :)

- The second point was to point out that the belief regarding Vedas being misinterpreted and remains of Buddhism etc. are baseless! That is just a sectarian Buddhist view and very few Buddhists except the Tibetans agree - I explained in my post why they agree with this as they need to substantiate certain elements of vajrayana, this was true especially in the days of the upsurge of Tantric Mahayana.

But, there were Buddhas before Shakyamuni Buddha who is a wheel turning Buddha who comes when the dharma is not clear anymore. You probably think this is fantasy in your materialist logic that has very little direct meditation experience.

And as this thread is "comparison" between the two, if you want to state Buddhist side of it, I should do the other side as well! It would however have been better if the counter arguments were sensible, and based on a study rather than "I meditate, you don't and so you don't know" and so on ...

Oh I can go through the trouble of digging things up. I might... but I won't have a computer for a week or more after the next couple of hours. So, I won't be around much at all.

I repeatedly pointed out that I agree the two are trying to state the same. But you insist on proving what Buddha said (obviously you did not study the historical development of Buddhism) is way "superior" to every other system. Different is agreed, superior, may be to you ... when you contest like a fanatic for it, someone should represent the poor, other lame religions as well no? :lol:

I've studied the history and development, but haven't really been talking about that at all. Just the main point that Dependent Origination subverts any Atman or Brahman. That's it! Your the one that want's to go on about historical development. I know about Buddhisms past and present. I have no need to talk about that though.

Be well.

As for being rude and condescending, I did forward links to some of your posts to the legal folks, who are for your information not Hindu, and the comments - especially about the monkey God, they agree was racial. 6 comments fit into the category of racism, and two others, apart from me and Dwai - commented on the older thread agreeing the slandering was uncalled for. I pointed out from day one not to club "Hindu" with "Advaita" and it was not without a reason. So, there is no fantasy here or reading too much out of context.

LOL did you call the police on me for generalizing Advaitans as Hindus?

well let's see. Advaita is the culmination of the Vedas, the Vedas are the holy texts for Hindus. so what difference does it make saying Advaitans don't get it, or Hindus don't get it? either way, they don't get it! :lol:

LOL did you call the police on me for generalizing Advaitans as Hindus?

well let's see. Advaita is the culmination of the Vedas, the Vedas are the holy texts for Hindus. so what difference does it make saying Advaitans don't get it, or Hindus don't get it? either way, they don't get it! :lol:

Well, I had to call someone? Poor me does not have Vajra to call right?

Advaita is really followed by a group and not all hindus and this is something I pointed out earlier. And you accuse me of non-contribution, when you selectively read what you like? Police don't harm little sissy pricks so don;t worry you're safe :lol:

And don't get what? Emptiness? Did you "get" that which is empty? You're funny at times :D

How do you feel when you insult people SV?

Yes, they had plenty and there are these realms, you can visit them in meditation. :)

But, there were Buddhas before Shakyamuni Buddha who is a wheel turning Buddha who comes when the dharma is not clear anymore. You probably think this is fantasy in your materialist logic that has very little direct meditation experience.

Oh I can go through the trouble of digging things up. I might... but I won't have a computer for a week or more after the next couple of hours. So, I won't be around much at all.

I've studied the history and development, but haven't really been talking about that at all. Just the main point that Dependent Origination subverts any Atman or Brahman. That's it! Your the one that want's to go on about historical development. I know about Buddhisms past and present. I have no need to talk about that though.

Be well.

I know know...you know it all and past and present ... you've said that before as also regarding your trips.. I am planning on taking a trip as well, but being the Eternalist I am, I can go only as far as Costa Rica. :o

And a real good time to not have the computer ... :P

I fully understand this discussion is pretty lame but what the hell! Its rare that I run into mud-slingers and I might as well enjoy this new experience. Most folks I have talked to are the serious, scholarly types - especially the venerable monks at Bylkoppa (that's the southern hq of Dalai Lama in Coorg) where I studied for 8 months - and this new thing is fun :lol:

Edited by Siliconvalley1

You seem really fickle minded dude... you claim other paths are useless, and lead nowhere, and then you look around for Shaktipat form the same person you criticized to the core...you ignore me (or claim so) and then want to come back and read what I write ... and then you want me to stop posting... hmmm...make up your mind...No shamatha or vipashyana yet ?? I guess the broken mirror that VH is trying to show everyone else needs to be used by you two to start with before accusing me of being sarcastic, abusive and not contributing ... :P

and you seem really judgemental and jump to conclusion quickly, dude. I didn't criticize Santiago's achievements, he is highly realized, but he never claims to be enlightened. I just had a discussion with him about him about why the Tibetans stress the importance of view and preliminaries in tantric practice. I've received transmission from him before and I will again. I currently, still, have a teacher that sends me energy transmissions who isn't Buddhist or Hindu. I obviously don't consider other paths useless, they just don't lead to complete liberation if the view isn't there.

this is alllllll you do brother, you character attack allllll day. you be-little people and I'm going to say you have no real friends. I wish you luck in becoming a more genuine person.

And don't get what? Emptiness? Did you "get" that which is empty? You're funny at times :D

I know know...you know it all and past and present ...

Well, I am a student for 6 years of a really good scholar/yogi who knows Tibetan and is sponsored by the Sakya lineage to just sit around and translate texts. He is a Loppon...

Loppon (Acharya) is the academic level of teacher. It means 'Master' and is essentially equivalent to having a Masters' Degree from a Western University. That's what you get for long-term philosophical study, at what is often called a "shedra" or even a more Western academic institution such as CIHTS.

He has done the traditional 3 year meditation retreat. His knowledge runs into the entirety of Buddhism which he's made his life I think for well over 30 years now. He has debated with many well known scholars and Tibetan Masters and has lots of support and transmission from many well known Tibetan Masters.

The Tibetans don't kid around when it comes to study, logic and reason.

Anyway... no... I don't want to call on him, but I can just go to him for clarification and I have learned a lot from him.

See ya!

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I fully understand this discussion is pretty lame but what the hell! Its rare that I run into mud-slingers and I might as well enjoy this new experience. Most folks I have talked to are the serious, scholarly types - especially the venerable monks at Bylkoppa (that's the southern hq of Dalai Lama in Coorg) where I studied for 8 months - and this new thing is fun :lol:

new experience? you're pretty good at it, I doubt this is your first time mud slinging. and you're the one that started it all

oh and I think you meant Bylakuppe, you'd think after 8 months you'd be able to spell the name. hows mud feel? well, that's what you do alllllll day.

I'm sure you created some solid merits by studying there, I hope you don't waste all of it by being a douchebag.

Edited by mikaelz

and you seem really judgemental and jump to conclusion quickly, dude. I didn't criticize Santiago's achievements, he is highly realized, but he never claims to be enlightened. I just had a discussion with him about him about why the Tibetans stress the importance of view and preliminaries in tantric practice. I've received transmission from him before and I will again. I currently, still, have a teacher that sends me energy transmissions who isn't Buddhist or Hindu. I obviously don't consider other paths useless, they just don't lead to complete liberation if the view isn't there.

this is alllllll you do brother, you character attack allllll day. you be-little people and I'm going to say you have no real friends. I wish you luck in becoming a more genuine person.

Just to point out for the uninformed, one in the path of Vajrayana does not take transmission (Abhisheka as it is called) from non-Vajracharyas as it leads to "incorrect view" - so declares Hevajra. I don't insist you agree with it, but that is the traditional view. Even a transmission from another of the five kulas is generally not adviced. If view is all that important, you stated earlier that Santiago's view is incorrect - he openly states all sincere paths and efforts take one to the same goal ... How is a transmission backed by an incorrect view of any use to someone so stuck up about right view? But I do have to say that Santi can influence even the most stuck up ones and in a positive way.. I accept I have not done it in spite of that being my initial intention ... another learning..

Thanks for the luck by the way ... I was not sure if Buddha talked anything about "luck", I can think of a Sutra regarding which Nagarjuna writes about Adrshta but I will save it for later... And I see you have some Siddhis - you divined that I have no "real" friends ... See, Shaivism was of use after all :P

A fitting response to one is character attack to another .... and I haven't even been responding for days on this thread for you to say "all day" ... see, shamata practice is lacking ;)

kay, what next?

:D

Edited by Siliconvalley1

what the fuck is wrong with you Silicon? have you not gotten laid today?

By the way I missed another of your sweet swearing.... it is true.. I am abstaining, or should I say sublimating for the last 2 years 9 months :lol:

Edited by Siliconvalley1

new experience? you're pretty good at it, I doubt this is your first time mud slinging. and you're the one that started it all

oh and I think you meant Bylakuppe, you'd think after 8 months you'd be able to spell the name. hows mud feel? well, that's what you do alllllll day.

I'm sure you created some solid merits by studying there, I hope you don't waste all of it by being a douchebag.

Again you speak from your ass.. Bailkoppa is how the localites refer to it, you looked it up google again I guess? The word is from the language Kannada - Bayilu+koppa, that got twisted variously due to vernacular influence.

May be you should try getting some merit yourself and I doubt screaming at Hindus and thus proving them all wrong is going to take you anywhere...even to Bylakuppe wherever that is :P

Well, I am a student for 6 years of a really good scholar/yogi who knows Tibetan and is sponsored by the Sakya lineage to just sit around and translate texts. He is a Loppon...

Loppon (Acharya) is the academic level of teacher. It means 'Master' and is essentially equivalent to having a Masters' Degree from a Western University. That's what you get for long-term philosophical study, at what is often called a "shedra" or even a more Western academic institution such as CIHTS.

He has done the traditional 3 year meditation retreat. His knowledge runs into the entirety of Buddhism which he's made his life I think for well over 30 years now. He has debated with many well known scholars and Tibetan Masters and has lots of support and transmission from many well known Tibetan Masters.

The Tibetans don't kid around when it comes to study, logic and reason.

Anyway... no... I don't want to call on him, but I can just go to him for clarification and I have learned a lot from him.

See ya!

But you were arguing with Namdroool championing the cause of Advaita till a few years ago! And that does not seem to explain or be consistent with this "new" claim of 6 years nor the three "I need a guru" ads in E-Sangha. I don't know why this gentleman, who I am sure is a great scholar, is being quoted here...Does it mean: So what if I don't know, I know someone who knows... well, that's one way to feel good. Like your friend said, it all builds up to something or somewhere ... :lol:

Good luck and my pranams to your teacher.

Edited by Siliconvalley1

You took "A" class in India. I am an Indian Hindu, born and raised in a traditional Hindu Brahmin family, had my upanayanam, grew up not only hearing the Puranic tales (as they are considered in India) but also learning the traditional ways of spiritual practice.

Your one class trumps a lifetime of learning? How so? And Why?

Your pal VH here keeps mispresenting and misrepresenting Hindu thought by bringing in some psychobabble BS extrapolated form Puranic stories. That stuff is for kids man!

No Vedantin takes these things too seriously...they are symbolic pointers to various things.

Again you speak from your ass.. Bailkoppa is how the localites refer to it, you looked it up google again I guess? The word is from the language Kannada - Bayilu+koppa, that got twisted variously due to vernacular influence.

May be you should try getting some merit yourself and I doubt screaming at Hindus and thus proving them all wrong is going to take you anywhere...even to Bylakuppe wherever that is :P

But you were arguing with Namdroool championing the cause of Advaita till a few years ago! And that does not seem to explain or be consistent with this "new" claim of 6 years nor the three "I need a guru" ads in E-Sangha. I don't know why this gentleman, who I am sure is a great scholar, is being quoted here...Does it mean: So what if I don't know, I know someone who knows... well, that's one way to feel good. Like your friend said, it all builds up to something or somewhere ... :lol:

Good luck and my pranams to your teacher.

I think you like to argue for the sake of arguing. Because you don't seem to really believe in anything that you say. You just like to belittle to feel better about yourself. That's different from arguing the merits of one spiritual tradition over another. You got personal in your attacks right from the very beginning, that's a sad sign.

Also... yes, Namdrol is the Loppon that I'm refering to. I was learning from him as I argued with him, he obvsiously won the argument because I can concede if through contemplation of the argument, I can see directly through meditative experience how I was wrong. I was going to meet Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche due to the argument me and Namdrol had. I was not advertising for a Guru, again your way of just belittling someone.

We always should want for good and highly realized teachers. Even enlightened beings like visiting other enlightened beings for a different perspective on the same realization.

I think you like to argue for the sake of arguing. Because you don't seem to really believe in anything that you say. You just like to belittle to feel better about yourself. That's different from arguing the merits of one spiritual tradition over another. You got personal in your attacks right from the very beginning, that's a sad sign.

Also... yes, Namdrol is the Loppon that I'm refering to. I was learning from him as I argued with him, he obvsiously won the argument because I can concede if through contemplation of the argument, I can see directly through meditative experience how I was wrong. I was going to meet Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche due to the argument me and Namdrol had. I was not advertising for a Guru, again your way of just belittling someone.

We always should want for good and highly realized teachers. Even enlightened beings like visiting other enlightened beings for a different perspective on the same realization.

You talk and talk and talk... you did before on E-Sangha, now here on special invitation ha ha and will do that elsewhere in future and the cycle goes on ... you only "talk"... read your own posts again and it shows that thats all you do and a crap load of it as well :lol: and not one bit of that "direct meditational experience" you like to flaunt in every other post as the reason why everyone should accept what you say - comes through in what you write and its sad. After all that "you" have said in this very thread, I am surprised you have any more hypocrisy left to accuse another of attacking or sounding illogical. But your attitude can be summarized in a single line: "I do its virtue, another does it's sin". But such an idiotic statement needs no counter-argument as it shoots itself in the foot. Using frequently words like belittling, threatening, attacks etc. does not change the fact that your conduct here has NOT been worthy of anything better than what you've gotten back. After all, you get what you deserve and thats one of the six tenets of karman.

Hope you accumulate merits and get a better life in times to come :lol:

Edited by Siliconvalley1

You talk and talk and talk... you did before on E-Sangha, now here on special invitation ha ha and will do that elsewhere in future and the cycle goes on ... you only "talk"... read your own posts again and it shows that thats all you do and a crap load of it as well :lol: and not one bit of that "direct meditational experience" you like to flaunt in every other post as the reason why everyone should accept what you say - comes through in what you write and its sad. After all that "you" have said in this very thread, I am surprised you have any more hypocrisy left to accuse another of attacking or sounding illogical. But your attitude can be summarized in a single line: "I do its virtue, another does it's sin". But such an idiotic statement needs no counter-argument as it shoots itself in the foot. Using frequently words like belittling, threatening, attacks etc. does not change the fact that your conduct here has NOT been worthy of anything better than what you've gotten back. After all, you get what you deserve and thats one of the six tenets of karman.

Hope you accumulate merits and get a better life in times to come :lol:

well, Silicon... and your conduct? and your talking? and your crap load? and your smug arrogance? you get what YOU deserve.

Silicon's post process, step by step

1 - personal attack

2- sarcastic remark

3- quote something from the past, take it out of context, blow it out of proportion to attack the person

4- say something that sounds smart

5- accuse the person of something that he himself is doing ie. you are illogical, you are attacking me, etc

6- make a really long post saying the same things over and over again and wasting his and other peoples time

7 - end with another sarcastic remark

you're very predictable Silicon.

I didn't need to google anything. I lived in Bangalore for 5 months, which is very close to Bylakuppe, and that is how my Indian teachers called it. nice try to personally attack me, yet again.

Just to point out for the uninformed, one in the path of Vajrayana does not take transmission (Abhisheka as it is called) from non-Vajracharyas as it leads to "incorrect view" - so declares Hevajra. I don't insist you agree with it, but that is the traditional view. Even a transmission from another of the five kulas is generally not adviced. If view is all that important, you stated earlier that Santiago's view is incorrect - he openly states all sincere paths and efforts take one to the same goal ... How is a transmission backed by an incorrect view of any use to someone so stuck up about right view? But I do have to say that Santi can influence even the most stuck up ones and in a positive way.. I accept I have not done it in spite of that being my initial intention ... another learning..

OHH so you acted like a pompous jackass because i was receiving transmission from a non Vajracharya and you were trying to correct me!! thank you! that was really obvious.

Thanks for the luck by the way ... I was not sure if Buddha talked anything about "luck", I can think of a Sutra regarding which Nagarjuna writes about Adrshta but I will save it for later... And I see you have some Siddhis - you divined that I have no "real" friends ... See, Shaivism was of use after all :P

A fitting response to one is character attack to another .... and I haven't even been responding for days on this thread for you to say "all day" ... see, shamata practice is lacking ;)

kay, what next?

:D

your sarcasm is so clever, congratulations!

you_win_the_prize.jpg

Edited by mikaelz

well, Silicon... and your conduct? and your talking? and your crap load? and your smug arrogance? you get what YOU deserve.

Sblah lah

You can do better than that Mikael ...

The way you jump to defend VH, its apparent you've been learning from him at least :P Nothing to be proud of though ... Of course, you dragged him here and his well-being here is probably now your responsibility :lol:

Predictibility is everywhere in the Universe and recognition of that is just a matter of how far your vision goes :P

If it helps, I lived in Bangalore for 11 years ... You spoke to Indian teachers and I am one. So if you're counting numbers, I have better there as well ... grow up silly kid :P

Correcting you is neither my interest nor responsibility. I, at this stage of your development, would not really be interested in offering you any assistance. But I was just trying to point out how desperate you were to go for the same Shaktipata which you discarded as useless. Mixing of traditions has never been a accepted practice to a Buddhist and seeing how stuck up you are based on a few books you've read (presumably on www :lol: ), I was rather surprised. Well, absence of consistency and forbearance are characterisitc of each of your post. So nothing new to note here.

That you understand the sarcasm is an achievement on the part of its originator. So, I will celebrate that ... B)

And that lack of Shamatha comment was not sarcastic .. just an observation...

Edited by Siliconvalley1

You can do better than that Mikael ...

The way you jump to defend VH, its apparent you've been learning from him at least :P Nothing to be proud of though ... Of course, you dragged him here and his well-being here is probably now your responsibility :lol:

Predictibility is everywhere in the Universe and recognition of that is just a matter of how far your vision goes :P

If it helps, I lived in Bangalore for 11 years ... You spoke to Indian teachers and I am one. So if you're counting numbers, I have better there as well ... grow up silly kid :P

Correcting you is neither my interest nor responsibility. I, at this stage of your development, would not really be interested in offering you any assistance. But I was just trying to point out how desperate you were to go for the same Shaktipata which you discarded as useless. Mixing of traditions has never been a accepted practice to a Buddhist and seeing how stuck up you are based on a few books you've read (presumably on www :lol: ), I was rather surprised. Well, absence of consistency and forbearance are characterisitc of each of your post. So nothing new to note here.

That you understand the sarcasm is an achievement on the part of its originator. So, I will celebrate that ... B)

And that lack of Shamatha comment was not sarcastic .. just an observation...

Silicon's post process, step by step

1 - personal attack

2- sarcastic remark

3- quote something from the past, take it out of context, blow it out of proportion to attack the person

4- say something that sounds smart

5- accuse the person of something that he himself is doing ie. you are illogical, you are attacking me, etc

6- make a really long post saying the same things over and over again and wasting his and other peoples time

7 - end with another sarcastic remark

first, I never said Shaktipat was useless... and I don't need your advice. but of course, you will quote me out of context again and again, even after I've explained myself thoroughly.

second, i'm not playing a numbers game. you presumed that I just googled and I said no I actually lived close by, and now you have to respond with Oh well I lived there longer. AND THEN CALL ME A SILLY CHILD! haaaa!!

your posts just reek of pride, you always have to 'one-up' everyone, you just can't back down. my shamata sucks... what about your ego?

definition of one-upper: one who feels like they need to be better than everyone else, so they constantly "one-up" anything that anyone says.

someone who needs to make themselves feel better by making themselves seem greater than everyone else

someone who thinks they know everything, everyone, and has done everything you do, but better

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=one+upper

stop veiling your need to argue and bolster your ego by pretending that you're on a crusade to unmask the truth and expose people, or whatever, this has never been about anyone else but you. expose yourself.

here's an observation: you veil your arrogance and conceit pretending to help people. I do not need your help. Nobody needs your help. you should help yourself. don't bother responding, this is my last post to you. but of course you'll have to respond because you can't let anyone have the last say, you HAVE TO WIN! so sad.

you know you have to respond now, even though nobody cares. you have to "defend" yourself, you have to keep attacking me and keep making sarcastic comments that make yourself fell good and proud. you know you have to. c'mon karma keep churnin'!

Edited by mikaelz

Sign in to follow this