Sign in to follow this  
BaguaKicksAss

Topic derail, spring forest qigong masters words and thoughts

Spring Forest Qigong Master Jim Nance told me he can't drink alcohol anymore....

hmmm....

me - I gotta drink like 5 glasses of water for every drink of alcohol.....

just is too much water - crazy.

Spring Forest Qigong Master Jim Nance told me he can't drink alcohol anymore....

hmmm....

me - I gotta drink like 5 glasses of water for every drink of alcohol.....

just is too much water - crazy.

There are too many variables; the persons; the Qi they interact with, the effect of this, etc.

I found I could drink incredible quantities beyond my previous consumption. No one way is necessarily your way or my way.

• Like 1

There are too many variables; the persons; the Qi they interact with, the effect of this, etc.

I found I could drink incredible quantities beyond my previous consumption. No one way is necessarily your way or my way.

well Chunyi Lin was challenged by the town drunk to man up in an alcohol contest -- since Chunyi didn't drink and that means you're not a real man in China. haha. So the town drunk - after repeated challenges - then put down 6 bottles of wine on front of each of them.

So Chunyi said he just transferred the alcohol content of his six bottles of wine to the six bottles of the town drunk - making his double strength.

Suffice it to say Chunyi Lin doesn't drink alcohol but that was one of the tests he had to pass to be certified an international qigong master - changing the alcohol content back to water.

• Like 2

Yeah Spring Forest Qigong Master JIm Nance told me tonight how when the light turns on inside his body then he sees his internal organs.....

AWESOME!!

he said how there is absolutely no darkness when he is deep in the Emptiness of the heart - everything is light.....

depends how the light interacts with the body - hence the Ho and Pun discussion.

Oh well. haha.

Failure to see the connections set backs enlightenment for another couple lifes. hahaha.

Golden light is the building of the yang spirit.

Clear light is the Emptiness.

I asked Jim - when he was talking about the Fabric of Life -the one dimension of how his spirit exists within his body and so three dimensional physical reality is like a "coat" that he wears around his one dimensional spirit that is non-local....

I said - is that like the black hole experiences you've described of your spirit going through black hole portals - because Jim said how there is more information of the spirit light within the one dimension....

Jim said - no the black hole travel is a different thing. haha.

I asked him if he saw gold light - he just said that when he goes into the light then there is absolutely no darkness - everything is light.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

I was thinking of

Ösel (tib. hod-gsal; 'od gsal), the Yoga of the Clear Light (often translated as 'Radiant Light' (Sanskrit: prabhasvara), referring to the 'intrinsic purity' (Tibetan: ka-dag) of the substratum of the 'mindstream' (Tibetan: sems-rgyud) is a sadhana found in Vajrayana and Bön centered on the state of luminous clarity. Many versions, derivatives and accretions of the sadhana are extant. Ösel is generally included amongst the Six Yogas of Naropa and its sister tradition the Six Yogas of Niguma. Ösel is also an experience of 'rigpa' the 'reflexive apperception' (Sanskrit: Svasaṃvedana, Wylie: rang rig pa) of the mindstream.

In a key scholarly collaborative Nyingmapa translation work published in 2005, furthermore notable as the first complete rendering of the Bardo Thodol into the English language from the Tibetan, this technical term was configured into English as "Inner Radiance".[1]

Fremantle (2001: p.199) states:

Luminosity is often translated as "clear light," which is a literal rendering of the Tibetan rather than the Sanskrit. Trungpa Rinpoche did not like that term, although he did sometimes use it in his talks, which form the basis of his books, because it is so well known. He felt it had become inextricably associated with such notions as the light at the end of the tunnel in near-death experiences, and that it gave too much of an impression of ordinary, visual light, whereas what is meant is an extremely subtle concept that he thought would be conveyed better by "luminosity."

The original Sanskrit term, prabhāsvara,[3] has been translated as "translucent"[4] and "luminous clarity."[5]

In the tradition of Namkha'i, it is held that Ösel reveals the natural luminosity of emptiness, the 'true nature of Mind' (Sanskrit: cittatva).[citation needed] Ösel is taught as one part of the six yogas of Naropa.

Keown, et al. (2003) identify the Ösel or "clear light", as that by which the natural luminosity (Five Pure Lights) of emptiness (Śūnyatā) is apprehended. [7]

Berzin, in the Berzin Archives Glossary, identifies the "mental continuum" (Sanskrit: citta santana) as constituted by the "clear light awareness" which is his rendering of ‘od-gsal (Wylie). Berzin defines ‘od-gsal thus:

The subtlest level of mental activity (Mind), which continues with no beginning and no end, without any break, even during death and even into Buddhahood. It is individual and constitutes the mental continuum of each Being. It is naturally free of conceptual cognition, the appearance-making of true existence, and grasping for true existence, since it is more subtle than the grosser levels of mental activity with which these occur. IT is named the Light.

///

I guess that would be maybe the closest explanation of it...

Relation with Taoism?

//

Practice
Mother and child luminosities

A fundamental distinction in the Dzogchen literature of
'od gsal
(Wylie) is that of 'inner radiance of the ground' (Wylie:
gzhi'i 'od-gsal
) and the 'inner radiance of the path' (Wylie:
lam-gyi 'od-gsal
); otherwise known as the mother and child luminosity respectively.

Fremantle (2001: p.198-9) states:

The luminosity experienced in meditation is called the path luminosity, simile luminosity, or child luminosity. The true luminosity of our awakened nature is called the basic luminosity or mother luminosity; it dawns at the moment of death, and if it is recognized, the mother and the child meet and become one in liberation.

et al.
(1994: p.406) define 'Clear light of the moment of the ground' (Tibetan:
gzhi dus kyi 'od gsal
)' as the:

>>>>

...nature of the mind of all beings, pure from the beginning and spontaneously luminous; fundamental continuum (of awareness), potential of Buddhahood...It can be "introduced" by a realized master to a disciple, who then stabilizes and develops that experience through the profound practices of the Great Perfection. Ordinary beings perceive it only for a flash at the moment of death.

For further discussion on the 'pointing out instruction' refer
Luminous liminalities

Cuevas (2003: p.63) conveys how the luminosity is significantly associated with states, portals or continuums of 'liminality' (Sanskrit:
) such as '
meditation':

"...the far-ranging tantric concept of luminosity or clear light
('od-gsal
) said to be experienced briefly by all human beings at the moment of death, by advanced yogic practitioners in the highest levels of the completion phase meditation, and unceasingly by all buddhas. Interestingly, this very subtle radiance is believed also to be experienced, though rarely noticed, in more mundane moments such as fainting, sneezing, and orgasm, as well as in the first instant before and after dreaming."

Dream[less]work

The sadhana of Ösel may subsume elements of lucid, conscious sleep without dreams and therefore may be engaged as a complement of
and
. Practitioner will not lose consciousness on the onset of sleep/death, but awakens instantly into the Clear Light. This state is reachable and sustainable only for advanced meditators.

hmm...

//

In my experience celibacy make this easier to achieve...

It says
though rarely noticed, in more mundane moments
such as fainting, sneezing, and
orgasm,

So if one builds that orgasmic/sexual energy such things should become more tangible?

Starting to link into "how to think about sex thread" ...

Is this description of clear light lacking yang aspect?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

Spring Forest Qigong Master Jim Nance called me a couple times last night. He is doing all of Chunyi Lin's healings now since Chunyi is teaching Level 4 up north by Lake Superior.

Yeah so Jim says when he turns 65 in a year he gets a good social security payment since he's worked since he was 18. haha.

So he says he wants to pick one person to train to be like him - fully enlightened!

He says with the bone spur healing he just did - mentioned in the latest qi-talk - he thinks he can heal broken bones which is rare even for qigong masters.

Yeah so I told him about your success and he said that I had the same success but that the key issue is maturity - he said to realize how much of a "picnic basket" the world is. haha. I go "Picnick basket"?? haha. HILARIOUS.

But yeah so for me I was getting hit on big time - and anyway I mean Jim is a huge AFrican-American and so he would get lots of respect in Minnesota which is still mainly Caucasian....

yeah or at least - as he said - people are "intimidated." hahaha.

Yeah I didn't say anything to him about getting out my brain blockage - when he said he wants to pick someone - but he did say we could hang out when he retires.

• Like 1

He says with the bone spur healing he just did - mentioned in the latest qi-talk - he thinks he can heal broken bones which is rare even for qigong masters.

How long did it take him? Do you know if he is totally hands off when healing or does he do some physical touching too? I assume he also provides prescriptive practices.

Pretty cool.

Most doctors I know would use herbs for spurs.

How long did it take him? Do you know if he is totally hands off when healing or does he do some physical touching too? I assume he also provides prescriptive practices.

Pretty cool.

Most doctors I know would use herbs for spurs.

ummm Spring Forest Qigong Master Jim Nance called me tonight. He had a research question he wanted me to help him with.

So I'm looking stuff up on the internet and telling him what I find - and apologizing for using his time and he goes - that's alright I'm healing your mom right now. haha. ummm and my sister... and then he goes...

hold on let me try something new on you. Hold on.

So I close my eyes and wait....

then I felt the center of my brain just pulsating with energy! haha. It was awesome.

Then he goes - how did that feel? I told him. I then said - "what was I supposed to feel?"

He goes - well pulsing in the middle of your brain is pretty good! haha.

I go yeah -- he just said he was trying something new.....

Anyway about the bone spurs - Spring Forest Qigong Master Jim Nance said he had healed bone spurs before...

but this time he tried a new technique that he had not used before - on the bone spurs - it was a certain kind of light energy from his heart....

Yeah he does his healing hands off, and distance is not an issue....

I was thinking about this - today - I go well in Spring Forest Qigong Master Chunyi Lin's book "Born a Healer" he describes Shaolin Master Yau healing Chunyi Lin of a bone spur - using the same laser heat energy that Master Yau had used to light things on fire with his eyes! haha. I can't remember if Master Yau touched the bone spur or not....

After my first master's meditations, my back pain completely went away but I still had two bone spurs on my spine. So, I asked Master Yau if he could do some thing for my back. He said, "Oh, yes." He used two fingers to touch my back. Within one or two minutes, his fingers felt like two burning hot iron stakes. Very, very hot. Oh, you just don't know the sensation. It was like fire burning there. Later, when I got home I found two fingerprints on my back where he touched me.

yep touched him...

http://thetaobums.com/topic/27367-shaolin-horse-stance-2-hour-training-and-master-yao-setting-things-on-fire-with-his-eyes/

http://www.myqibalance.com/

Ah here we go....

Chesterton Indiana!

O.k.....

So a Spring Forest Qigong business affiliate there.

cool.

o.k. she's from Minnesota - sporting the full lotus!

http://www.myqibalance.com/kathy.pdf

master healer status....

I wonder if that's the new .... standards - something like 200 testimonials?

Hard to believe anyone could get that...

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

not to derail my derailing of Hun and Po!!

Effie Chow is indeed connected to SFQ - please don't fret my dead moderators!

It really is all connected! haha.

Wow Lama Tantrapa - a skeptic!!?? He's being defensive about Effie Chow. haha. Does Lama Tantrapa not believe in the real qigong masters!? Or maybe just jealous? He implies that -- he states that Effie Chow brought magicians (not real qigong masters) to her conferences?!!

His argument is that magicians attended her conference and stated they could do the same but would not reveal the methods! haha.

That's FAULTY logic! Just because someone could contrive some fake process does not disprove something totally different that might look similarly. haha.

HILARIOUS.

Sign in to follow this