Sign in to follow this  
innerspace_cadet

I'm starting to question myself

Top the original poster. In my experience experimenting with the Law of Attraction, karma is very real. (Law of Attraction is quite similar in effect to karma; in my mind they're basically the same thing with some minor twists)

not all Buddhist ideas will make sense conceptually, some will only come with insight in meditation. specifically; karma and rebirth

An interviewer asked him if he had a religion, and he pointed to a tree outside and asked the interviewer if the tree had a religion. And the obvious answer is: of course not. A tree knows nothing but its own nature.

The tree has no suffering and thus need no religion.

Personally, I believe that the most beneficial thing religion brings is community. The easiest way to advance spiritually is by the guidance of someone who has lived longer than you and been devoted to the Way. If I may put forward a wonderful option, worship Christ. Who's a better example? You want to be spiritually mature? Have the humility of a child, you want to advance spiritually? Love God, Love Others. If you lose your life, you gain it, sounds like the Tao to me. It's not about heaven either, I totally get the death cult thing, I've heard it before. Jesus preached the Kingdom of Heaven, and that it was here on earth already, and that he would come again and it would be revealed. So his basic message was live for the eternal, now.

I love you, and good luck!!

;)

It sounds to me like you got it already ... listen to yourself ... continue to grow. You may change, keep your mind open. When you stop asking questions, when you become the master instead of the student, that is when you become stagnant. I think most religions have good features. We corrupt them and add unnecessary things to them and then the good is lost or clouded at best. I like the idea of karma and rebirth but I can not buy into them completely ... for now. I'm better at just taking a piece out of this religion and that. I've kinda decided just to try and take care of my body, and love everyone and everything.

After Katrina hit NO, in a NO concert, Papa Mali said something like -- the difference between religious people and spiritual people is that religious people are afraid of hell, spiritual people have already been there. Maybe not 100% true, but not bad.

I feel that the need to identify with a religion is just a form of spiritual materialism, just junk food for the ego. Lao Tzu, in my opinion, did not follow "Taoism" but rather followed the Tao. And that is the important thing.

True.

Beautiful way to say it.

And having a doubt seems to be the right way...

Sign in to follow this