Sign in to follow this  
Stigweard

Managing conflict ... Your thoughts

Question to the panel at the summit:

How do we manage our physical bodies in the resolution of violence and conflict?

How would you have answered?

Edited by Stigweard

body

Softening

Breathing

Your right... I'm being pretty heartless with my answers...

The question... Let me try and be opened... and pure with what i'm about to say

Wu Wei = No Action

But you will die and deterierate if you do no action... so you cultivate doing movement while being in stillness...

Meaning inside you do no action, you have no intention in mind... while you cultivate through movement to vitalize your body... to cultivate your qi... and hopefully when you get good enough you can move to other stages.

Every moment has within it an opportunity for harmony. No conflict is 'inevitable', it is the result of a series of conscious and unconscious decisions made by the participants. That opportunity for harmony in every moment is the Tao in every moment. If we can embody the Tao in every moment then harmony will be achieved and maintained.

In Taiji I teach about achieving the state of awareness which I loosely term "The Taiji State". It is a state of being signified by:

~ Unison of mind, body, and spirit

~ Deep regular breathing

~ Relaxed, integrated physical coordination

~ A peaceful, undisturbed mind

In essence the Taiji State is the descriptive of an awareness that has attuned itself to the Tao within each present moment.

As a practical measure, whenever I finish the Taiji form I stand still for a moment or two and just be fully aware of the state of being I have accomplished. Then I will anchor that state by simply touching my thumbtips to the first two fingertips and silently say "Taiji" in my mind.

Then throughout my day, if ever I encounter a situation that could lead to disharmony, I take a brief moment to repeat my anchor, fully embrace "The Taiji State", and follow my intuition along the path of harmony.

Edited by Stigweard

Sign in to follow this