I believe this is the practice in which monks are able to sit out in sub zero temperatures and cause towels soaked in ice water wrapped around them to steam. Anybody had personal[not anecdotal] experience of this?

I believe this is the practice in which monks are able to sit out in sub zero temperatures and cause towels soaked in ice water wrapped around them to steam. Anybody had personal[not anecdotal] experience of this?

"Bardo" just means "transitional state". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardo

The steaming monks are practicing tummo. Search "tummo" on this forum for more on this from the members.

I experimented with this a bit and I seem to remember you can regulate you body temp by your breath. Inhale longer than exhale or exhale longer than inhale... one of them heats you up and the other cools you down. You might want to try them both and see?

I experimented with this a bit and I seem to remember you can regulate you body temp by your breath. Inhale longer than exhale or exhale longer than inhale... one of them heats you up and the other cools you down. You might want to try them both and see?

I find that breathing out as much air as possible, and then not breathing any air in, will heat you up.