sean

Another proposed change to The Tao Bums

Even MORE IDEAS. Just in live chat with Matthewqi and Cameron. I wish there was a little flashing light or blink in the corner when there are people in Live Chat.

Too often people are there and no one knows about it.

Just a thought.

Michael

We probably have about 30 or 40 pages right now.  If we could ever intelligently edit all the various posts.  One unusual technique might be throwing spaghetti style of journalism.  Throw the best linked posts together, then slowly let people edit and add to them intelligently.

It is to bad we need security from pranksters on it, but we probably would.

Michael

8441[/snapback]

Michael, so one way you, or anyone else interested in this type of work could get started on this (and I would LOVE to see this) is by picking a subject, let's say "Five Animal Frolics" or "Sungazing" and then opening up Notepad or whatever on your local computer and using the forum search feature to find and comb through all of the posts on the forum that discuss this topic, copying and pasting useful quotes, links to the posts, links to other websites, etc. that you find into a local document ... and slowly collating all this information, organizing and crystallizing it into something that distills all of the information on TTB about that subject. Then you have an awesome article and, until I find the time to investigate and implement the technology to do this otherwise, you can just post this article in the Contributed Articles section. This is the temp solution a bunch of us Concierges came up with in our little dark, sinister little secretive chats about these things... see Yoda's post here. Then if enough users are interested in combing through and distilling the information on TTB into coherent articles about those subjects we can easily transfer these articles into a new format with, for example, it's own section, a table of contents, etc. But if the interest is not there beforehand, I'd rather not have, ie: a Wiki with barely anything worth visiting in it and that no one goes to and that is just sort of floating along with us like barnacles. (Heh. I'm a little dramatic, I know).

What do you think? And we can warn each other beforehand that we are grabbing a subject so we aren't duplicating research. I think any of us could bang out an article a week like this and we'd be on our way to The Tao Bums Handbook in no time. :)

Sean.