Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

Internalize Teachings

Have you ever read a book with incredible teachings but left it without keeping within and expressing what you learned? I was wondering if you have any study methods for applying what you learn in writing. Thank you.

P.S. I will try "mind mapping", which seems really cool.

Have you ever read a book with incredible teachings but left it without keeping within and expressing what you learned? I was wondering if you have any study methods for applying what you learn in writing. Thank you.

I hear what you say. It can happen so often. I am trying a new study technique to ingrain the books I want to learn. I am basically making audio books of them. I wouldn't have thought it would take so many attempts to record one chapter of a book correctly :lol: Then I have the audio recordings of myself reading the book and I have them on my iPhone :D:lol: Seems to work a treat!

I hear what you say. It can happen so often. I am trying a new study technique to ingrain the books I want to learn. I am basically making audio books of them. I wouldn't have thought it would take so many attempts to record one chapter of a book correctly :lol: Then I have the audio recordings of myself reading the book and I have them on my iPhone :D:lol: Seems to work a treat!

What an excellent idea. The whole process of reading, then vocally re-reading for recording, and then listening to your own reading must be a very self-reinforcing process. The stops and starts of getting the audio correct can only add to the reinforcement. I must try this.

How does it feel to hear yourself reading to you?

What is mind-mapping?

A book of knowledge can be absorb by reading it in your mind (YIN practise) 7 times and then reading it out with your mouth (YANG practise) 7 times. Do that all in 49days. After that, you shall be very enlighten by the book's knowledge. The reading must avoid 9-11pm at night. Usually read in the morning and night (before 7)

What is mind-mapping?

It is a way of copying information onto paper that mimicks the natural way of associative thinking that our brain undergoes. It uses techinques to use the left and right brain. It helps with remembrance.

A book of knowledge can be absorb by reading it in your mind (YIN practise) 7 times and then reading it out with your mouth (YANG practise) 7 times. Do that all in 49days. After that, you shall be very enlighten by the book's knowledge. The reading must avoid 9-11pm at night. Usually read in the morning and night (before 7)

Thank you, I will try this. Section at a time.

This is how taoist are learn to study in the temple. This will build the knowledge into the mind and also give a path of enlightment to the student while "reading".

Of course, if you are learning under a lineage that do have this practise in the system, the lineage have it's own power / energy sealed into the method for the student to empower the brain and learn faster.

Thank you, I will try this. Section at a time.

This is how taoist are learn to study in the temple. This will build the knowledge into the mind and also give a path of enlightment to the student while "reading".

Of course, if you are learning under a lineage that do have this practise in the system, the lineage have it's own power / energy sealed into the method for the student to empower the brain and learn faster.

thank you again for the help. I look forward to start.

Sign in to follow this