Sign in to follow this  
Mak_Tin_Si

Special day - SUNDAY Dec21.08

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

This special day on Dec 21, sunday is called "DUng JI" in Chinese meaning "winter comes". This day is very special to all taoist who actually train in any type of energy work.

Everybody will starts to get lots of night time and dark hours nowadays and less sunlight. From this day on, you will experience that there will be gradually more and more daylight during the day. This we say that YANG energy is growing. In chinese saying we say "Winter Comes give birth to the YANG energy".

For all taoism practitioners, it is very important to make use of this day.

This day, we usually eat with our family with good food, enjoying the meal together with your family. This is a way to gain fortune for the next year. The better you eat, the better luck you gain next year!

On saturday night, wait till 12 o clock, then you can start to do that special meditation energy absorbing work I have posted before. This is a way to absorb the FIRST energy that came in, which is the very pure and clean YANG energy. You will feel that it makes a big difference if you did absorb it successfully!

This day is also said to be the starting point of the next year's luck. So we must enjoy this day and do more good deeds on this day to bring yourself better luck for the coming year.

So if you are a taoist living in the southern hemisphere do you do this in June?

How about if you are living on the equator where there are no seasons?

No, you follow the same thing too. This is not only due to season but also the energy field changes too. This is calculated by the chinese calendar system.

So if you are a taoist living in the southern hemisphere do you do this in June?

How about if you are living on the equator where there are no seasons?

Happy "Dung-Ji" everybody! For those who did this practise, enjoy the yang qi flowing into your body and wish you good luck for the new year coming up!

Mak Tin Si

Sign in to follow this