Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

Martials Arts videos

...... the more you want to win, the faster you fall to the ground.

HAHAHAHAHA :D

Here is my favorite video, special from minute 3:00 to 4:30

:rolleyes:

any martial art being used against a good fighter with the intention to actually fight, not demonstrate.

um... honestly its hard to find good footage of that sort of stuff...

Heaven Man Earth put out some nice video's showing martial application with intention BUT not to harm the others... although remember this is taijiquan we are talking about. Good taijiquan practitioners show off their ability to do do martial ability but tend to not try and hurt the opponent. (You may not be interested but here are some videos)

Heaven Man Earth Videos...

show of martial application's as well as martial energy at work

another

Aggressive push hands

Along the lines of another aggressive push hands shown by Master Chen Bing does a sort of push hands with MMA wrestlers a nice video if i say so myself.

MMA push off balance standing push hands

Here are some pretty sweet applications shown in fighting scenarios from Master Jessie Tsao.

If you have pay close attention maybe you see some real ability (a little skill) in the following

Another great example...

I've seen a lot better with intention specific type of fighting videos but currently I can not find them.

Along the lines of another aggressive push hands shown by Master Chen Bing does a sort of push hands with MMA wrestlers a nice video if i say so myself.

MMA push off balance standing push hands

Although I'd be curious to see him against a series of real punches - this encounter with the MMA guy is probably the best demo I've ever seen from a taichi master. I wonder if he actually practiced some wrestling or smth or is it pure Tai Chi skill ? Any idea Mr Tiger ?

Edited by orb

Orb, that's just a demo - it doesn't necessarily reflect how well he'd do in the heat of combat. But it's the best Taiji application video I have seen too. He has great listening skills.

Although a lot of people that think little of Tai Chi but shouldn't and let me tell you why. Tai Chi Chuan a.k.a Taijiquan is a practice of applications based solely on the Taoist form of cultivation. Because this is so from the essence of your own nature, your being. Because this is done on a physical level there is little reason nor need to gain big bulky muscles and the famous saying of these Taoist prinicple which they live by is overcoming the hard with the soft.

It is not very often that you see the following videos.

I'm not an aficionado of this stuff, nor am I a teacher and just a mere no body trying to get better at this stuff. But I do understand it. I have had the privilege, even though its really not that rare, to see and been around some people whom could embody these principles.

Although I'd be curious to see him against a series of real punches - this encounter with the MMA guy is probably the best demo I've ever seen from a taichi master. I wonder if he actually practiced some wrestling or smth or is it pure Tai Chi skill ? Any idea Mr Tiger ?

Not like I'm the aficionado or anything on this stuff.

Chen Taijiquan is a very cool and popular style of martial arts. They do not always fully embody the complete and only approach of the Taoist principles plus the Taoist approaches to martial arts. Although non the less they are popular for their Taijiquan and they are well deserving of the popularity. Through the years they have mixed a flavor of there Strong Taoist roots with the Shao Lin approach to Taijiquan. Which emcompass not purely and only Taoist practices but also Shao Lin approaches to physical force. This doesn't make them weak in any respect it can make them even better in many respects especially appealing to the eye. Although they are possitives as there can be negatives to these mixing of the practices. Most of the Chen masters, actually all of the Chen Masters are pretty much aware of the differences. Some of these differences appeal to peoples eyes. Like the following MMA hand up wrestling with Master Chen Bing.

NOTE: BY ME MAKING THIS DIFFERENCE I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE WORSE THEN OTHER STYLES OF TAIJIQUAN NOR AM I SAYING THEY ARE BETTER JUST DIFFERENT.

To answer your question orb, while most real taijiquan masters could easily just use there ability to throw the guy without touching them, as most likely Master Bing may be able to do. For the adoption of the Shao Lin in Chen style they do endorsing hard types of physical force on top of they're Taoist, Tai Chi cultivation they are able without evading have the ability to create lots of physical force to beat their opponents.

Master Chen Bing is the youngest of the Chen Masters in the family.

If your interested in more information (although I'm putting this up for purely for informational purposes.)

About Master Chen Bing

He is the new hot thing in Chen Taijiquan, and so he is currently being promoted like that. I personally don't just respect him but also the older masters. There are many still alive and teaching. For example, Master Chen Yu, Master Chen Xiaoxing, Master Chen Xiaowang, along with many other Chen Masters like Chen Zhenglei to name one.

anyway, to much Chen for me for one night.

Lets not even get into Yang style.

Peace,

wt

Edited by WhiteTiger

Sign in to follow this