Mak_Tin_Si

The 8 Mantras in Taoism

MTS is still "sharing", and I am glad that he is.

However, he's not really sharing much or at all, because he keeps 90% of it confidential. Mostly it's like throwing out some bait to see if anyone bites and wants to sign up or become his personal student or something like that. Then out of 100 students he's going to teach 1 or 2 people the real stuff. That's the "closed door" tradition that I loathe so much. So he's not sharing in the Western sense of the word "sharing", which is definitely a sense I strongly prefer and I think for a good reason too.

So we're essentially getting little brochures of his sect. If you enjoy getting them, that's fine, and I am not against it too much as long as he doesn't say something that's too awfully wrong, at which point I will comment once again if I am still reading this forum.

He kind of does. Maybe not in exactly those words, but there are plenty of examples to see what he means.

What a cool example! :) And yes, I see what you mean. And you know what? I think you are wrong. Real masters, the immortals, were not afraid of any silly emperor and didn't care if they died or lived. In fact, if they were not 100% happy, they had a habit of dropping their body right on the spot.

The immortals-to-be, the master-in-training were driven into the mountains because of this. So a guy like Zhuangzi might be somewhat like what you describe, but he made sure to remove himself as far as possible from politics. Since sages like Zhuangzi were seen as non-participants and non-contenders, they could speak more honestly and get away with it, because they didn't agitate the people for a rebellion or anything like that (with some exceptions I guess?). Zhungzi declined serving the emperor precisely to be able to preserve his honesty.

In today's age we have no emperors. We can speak a lot more freely. We really should take advantage of that! Western society is every taoist's wish come true when it comes to freedom of speech values (confucianists would probably hate it though!). Sure we have all kinds of cultural problems, especially greed, but we have many good qualities that the sages would praise. And we are actually a lot less greedy than the Chinese, as a culture.

I aim to rise above the materiality 100%. If that means some day some emperor will kill me, I accept it. I might kill the emperor before dying though. :) Or leave the emperor without an eye. I have no pity for fools and don't mind ruining their bodies if they are a big fool, like would be the case with an emperor.

If that is going to consistently be your attitude, why don't you just do the majority of us a favor, and go now? Your type of close minded, superiority complex bullshit is the reason a lot of people turn away from lots of things to do with spirituality. You talk shit about someone you don't know, bash a sect you have no real knowledge of, then proceed to tell everyone that you are the on that knows what is right. As they say, the proof is in the pudding. 1 person is sharing knowledge, the other is mouthing off about how the other is a liar and he just "knows" it, even though he has no real knowledge in the area. Hopefully you can see the point.

You talk shit about someone you don't know,

Not true. I criticized what the post was saying.

bash a sect you have no real knowledge of,

Bash a sect now? Can you quote where I do that?

then proceed to tell everyone that you are the on that knows what is right. As they say, the proof is in the pudding. 1 person is sharing knowledge

He isn't sharing any real knowledge by his own admission. He's sharing "baby" stuff. His own words. Of course I agree! From my point of view, I agree totally, that he isn't sharing anything worthwhile so far. He's sharing interesting curiosities, but nothing of substance.

On the other hand, I've shared a lot of great stuff with you as a forum, and especially with you lostmonk as a person. I've shared openly and honestly. I didn't share "baby" stuff or any such thing, but gave you the best I have. Unfortunately there are very few people here who appreciate my level of insight. You can take this as arrogance, whatever. But insight into fundamentals of intent is far higher level than insight into the effects of intent, which is what energy work is. I'm not going to beat around the bush about that. Do I know the best? Do I know what's up? I know what's up, but maybe I am not the best. I want to see anyone correct me at my own level though.

just do the majority of us a favor, and go now?

Oh you speak for the majority now? And you think I have a superiority attitude? That's rich. Look in the mirror moron. My confidence comes from my heart and from the insight into uncertainty. You base yours on the idea that you speak for the majority. You're a fucking moron. I suggest you get the fuck out of this forum. Just like that. Not to do anyone a favor, because I have no idea what that favor would be. I just don't like your attitude. So get lost.

Edited by goldisheavy

I have to agree with Goldisheavy. For too long people have come in dangling the carrot waiting for the "Usual Suspects" to take the bait. This is all very similar to the old mopai crew who started a forum & tried to turn basic reverse breathing into some kind of God Like knowledge (and look what happened to them). pfffffttt!

If your willing to share fine,i will take back my statement. But your dealing with some of the most childish & insecure people on earth, So i wouldnt expect much tangible information to be shared.

I dont want goldisheavy to leave the forum, it wouldnt be doing me a favour. I only just read your posts, goldisheavy, I have missed the threads that you have posted in, previously. So I did a search on your handle yesterday and really enjoyed reading what you have to say. I like the way you are cutting through our treasured beliefs and asking if they are just delusions. And they are, so often.

When we ourselves fetishise our experience and knowledge, or we see others doing so, then it is something that should be naturally offensive to us.

Too much investement into experiences and beliefs that we stick onto us like carbuncles, and we sell this image to the world.. I am this, I do this, this is me... pah.

Falsity and construction.

I also would like to learn what the poster who opened this thread has to teach. But I havent learned anything from him so far, because his tone was such that I wandered away without finishing reading. I lost interest because.. well.. it has been expressed clearly by 5elTao.

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si