Mak_Tin_Si

About the Taoism Lions

As requested from the moderator of TaoBum, I have moved to this forum : http://www.daoismworld.com right now.

So if you want to talk to me or ask me anything about Taoism, please feel free to go over to this forum and enjoy the new forum. New members for discussion are also welcomed.

http://www.daoismworld.com

Mak Tin Si

Edited by Mak_Tin_Si

Thankyou Mak, since i was the person to ask for this csn i ask for one more question?

Do you know what time period these Lions where used in the Chinese Culture and is there a story how the Lion became a protector of good and evil?

Thanks

Ape

Mak,

Would the same name in Daoism wan yuen yat tai" 混元一體 for the lions holding the ball be the same as the Buddhist temples in china as they also have the Lions at the gates?

Or do you know what the Buddhist would call the lions balls that the paws are on?

Also how can i learn a Fu for the Lions?

regards

Spirit Ape

I am sorry to tell you that I do not know about the buddhist Lions. But I know they have a lot of things that are passed down from the Taoism temple, so the probably have these lions in Chinese buddhist temple but not the indian ones.

Learning FU takes a lot of practise before actually writting a fu. But if you want to take the challenge of course you can try to train under my lineage.

Mak,

Would the same name in Daoism wan yuen yat tai" 混元一體 for the lions holding the ball be the same as the Buddhist temples in china as they also have the Lions at the gates?

Or do you know what the Buddhist would call the lions balls that the paws are on?

Also how can i learn a Fu for the Lions?

regards

Spirit Ape

Mak,

I saw a picture of a Guardian Lion sitting on top a Ball and on the ball had the dragon, white tiger, phoenix, turtle would that indicate that the Lion is also the Guardian of the 4 directions?

Thanks

Spirit Ape

I am sorry, I never saw this kind of lions. So I do not know what they means.

Mak,

I saw a picture of a Guardian Lion sitting on top a Ball and on the ball had the dragon, white tiger, phoenix, turtle would that indicate that the Lion is also the Guardian of the 4 directions?

Thanks

Spirit Ape