Jing Attiig

Perception...

If one were to observe a woman giving birth to a child, but there were screens covering the bottom half of her body, so all you could see was her upper half, and you had no previous awareness of what was happening here, would you not percieve this experience as 'bad', and against the womans wishes to be experiencing this torture and suffering?

When the screens are removed, understanding is no longer limited to perception, all makes sense, is this suffering still percieved as 'bad'?

Can you see the limits of perception?

To percieve is to interpret that which is, to filter it through knowledge, to gain a solid understanding of that which is un-solid and ever-changing.

A most interesting observation.

Jing

Edited by Jing Attiig

If one were to observe a woman giving birth to a child, but there were screens covering the bottom half of her body, so all you could see was her upper half, and you had no previous awareness of what was happening here, would you not percieve this experience as 'bad', and against the womans wishes to be experiencing this torture and suffering?

When the screens are removed, understanding is no longer limited to perception, all makes sense, is this suffering still percieved as 'bad'?

Can you see the limits of perception?

To percieve is to interpret that which is, to filter it through knowledge, to gain a solid understanding of that which is un-solid and ever-changing.

A most interesting observation.

Jing

:)

interesting.

yes, thanks.

to reach understanding?

to let the screens fall away?

Sitting alone enough?

what else is needed for folks?

Well jewels naturally the function of perception is only limited by our psychological conditioning in tailed by the

organism. It is our thoughts, opinions, beliefs and ideas that destroy the true sense of perceiving the truth and

real knowledge prevailing throughout the cosmos, hence Tao Wu Shin.

Edited by Z3N

Alright, I'll say it. If you've ever been with a woman in labor, she is in tortuous pain, acting like this is being done to her against her will (it sort of is, the birth will happen whether she likes it or not). So maybe the perception is correct?

What about the notion that there is no objective reality? It all comes down to perceived consensus. Think about that.

Well jewels naturally the function of perception is only limited by our psychological conditioning in tailed by the

organism. It is our thoughts, opinions, beliefs and ideas that destroy the true sense of perceiving the truth and

The topic that you describe goes hand in hand with the interactionalists point of view in psychology and sociology. John Lockes theory of Tabula Rasa certainly influenced this "perspective" as well, stating that the environment creates the subject to a point. You know nature/nurture. Any way, all of our experiences are perceived in the meter of memory, so we constantly cast self centered shadows upon this idea, this object, this particular situation, never leaving room for objectivity. I've found the center of the universe! It is where I sit, but also where I sit, it is not a space of truth because I am still coloring the room with preconceived notions of being. So, my question to you is where can I unlearn. Where is it that I can start? How can I forego these self-constructed obstacles?

The topic that you describe goes hand in hand with the interactionalists point of view in psychology and sociology. John Lockes theory of Tabula Rasa certainly influenced this "perspective" as well, stating that the environment creates the subject to a point. You know nature/nurture. Any way, all of our experiences are perceived in the meter of memory, so we constantly cast self centered shadows upon this idea, this object, this particular situation, never leaving room for objectivity. I've found the center of the universe! It is where I sit, but also where I sit, it is not a space of truth because I am still coloring the room with preconceived notions of being. So, my question to you is where can I unlearn. Where is it that I can start? How can I forego these self-constructed obstacles?

First you must be ready to learn before you are ready to unlearn. Like learning the perception of a centre creates a false sense of consciousness therefore affecting your awareness.

The self centred nature of human life makes it so easily ready for the guest to colour in the room but the truth is still there right between the eyes.

Alright, I'll say it. If you've ever been with a woman in labor, she is in tortuous pain, acting like this is being done to her against her will (it sort of is, the birth will happen whether she likes it or not). So maybe the perception is correct?

What about the notion that there is no objective reality? It all comes down to perceived consensus. Think about that.

Missing the point can be a tough exercise bagaag, you must work a little bit harder.

The truth is out there..we just have to learn to see it :)