Sign in to follow this  
sdefe730

hello

Hello, I am new to Taoism, having only been studying it for about a month. I am actually looking for a teacher/guru, who would be willing to train me in all of the arts of taoism. I am living in a crappy town in Pennsylvania and wish to relocate. I would need the person to provide living space; anything would do even a decent shed. I, in exchange, would help the person however they saw fitting(housework,yard work, anything along those lines) Anyone interested in this should email me at [email protected]. Thank you

Hi sdefe730

I hope you have success in your search for a teacher.

In the meantime try not to let being in a crapy town get you down, it could be worse you could live here :)

I hope you have some fun here at the 'bums

Welcome sdefe730, find a seat, how do you like your tea?

Question for you ... Say I was such master/guru what would you say qualifies you to be a good student?

Edited by Stigweard

Welcome sdefe730, find a seat, how do you like your tea?

Question for you ... Say I was such master/guru what would you say qualifies you to be a good student?

I would have to say that the things that qualify me most as a good student are as follows. First, I have an extreme eagerness to learn. I would be willing study for many hours a day, giving my best the entire time. Second, I am very easy to get along with(or at least thats what people say). Im sure that whoever ended up teaching me would enjoy my company and more than likely a lifelong friendship would be started. In addition, I would be willing to pretty much do anything the teacher/guru asked, without questioning him about it. This would include any work needed done as well as anything related to my studies. I am an extremely hard worker, in very good health, and my intelligence level is fairly high. Most of all though, I think the teacher/guru would find the experience rewarding, as I would be grateful beyond words, and would not hesitate to show it. I dont know what else I could say here so I guess that sums it up pretty good. I hope to hear from someone soon.

PEACE

S

Sign in to follow this