salaam123

getting paralyzed from chi kung?

Aight, look Mr. Steve/Mr. MPWay, I just figure I should point out some of the things that I've seen as an observer, but first of all, I'd like to mention a little bit about my background...

Several years ago I was active in the martial arts community on youtube. And by that I really just mean I'd hang out, and see what videos other martial artists had up and talk about them with the poster and other members, giving opinions/critiques/etc. Every once in a while some guy would come on and say stuff like, "I don't know what u guyz r talkin about that guy waz week u r all noobs thinking ur better than u really r"

So then we'd talk to that person and ask why he thought that way, things like that. Most of the answers we got were along those lines. "No that's not real martial arts." and "oh you think that guy is good/bad but you don't REALLY know what good/bad is. I haven't even studied for that long but I know what good/bad is I laugh when I hear ur commentz bcuz u gaiz dunno wut is really good/bad" (good or bad depending on the situation)

So naturally we asked, "hey what style do you train in? What lineage? What teacher?" and naturally they would say things along the line of either "what r u gonna stalk me ur a gay stalker" or "you can't find him on youtube/google so I won't even bother." Those people would continue flaming and all that jazz and it was pretty obvious there were there to just slam some guys.

Now some guys had some variations... like they would come in all hating and just slamming stuff, terrible grammar and punctuation, but then when a conversation would drag out they'd "clean up" their comments a bit, but all in all not say much.

Why am I bringing this up?

Well as an observer, I must say first off that I don't train in Mo Pai or any other lineage like that. I'm new to self cultivation and still have a lot to go even on the basics, so I don't think I am biased when I say that there are LOTS of similarities between your posts in this thread and the haters that you encounter on youtube.

Several of your initial posts here seemed borderline inflammatory. You made rash generalizations, and even bordered on ridiculing people with statements such as "you guys who think you know qigong don't even know qigong" (kind of like the haters that said "you noobs dont kno wut reel MA is"...)

Then when we ask for clarification on your training/lineage you are hesitant to give it, and only after several other posts in which a system has been outlined for you do you post where you are in that system that has been outlined for you... I must also add that I'm a college student, and while I enjoy studying things for the sake of learning, there are times when I don't have as much time to study something as I want, so I have to b/s some things. I don't want to brag... but with a good imagination/improvisation/acting skill I've gotten pretty good at it. I know stalling and fishing for info from the other person in order to construct a statement when I see it. And the way that you put off answering certain questions seems... fishy.

On top of that, you repeatedly mention that you found your teacher through your own means, but in the same paragraphs you mention how you found your teacher through Mr. Chang... then go back to how it is all your work.

Now I'm not calling you a liar, I'm going to be straight up with that. For all I know you've been on a path for a long time and have done lots of things so naturally you may refer to one thing and then refer to another, merely pointing out two separate points on your journey.

But from an objective and unbiased standpoint, there are some things that raise suspicion, and I just thought that you should know what some of the observers might think.

I think maybe what was meant by " I found him on my own", maybe he was saying that he found John on his own and John pointed him to his now current teacher? I'm thinkin I'm the only one that's leaning towards the its ok not to give out personal teacher contact info. If we start throwing out names then why not throw out Johns name too? I mean if you argue that it's ok not to give out Johns real name then its ok not to give out another master, which maybe is close to John or knows John well, so maybe they both want privacy?? I'm in college too. I'm arguing the other side merely for debate reasons B) I'm finishing my first class soon so take it easy

Aight, look Mr. Steve/Mr. MPWay, I just figure I should point out some of the things that I've seen as an observer, but first of all, I'd like to mention a little bit about my background...

Several years ago I was active in the martial arts community on youtube. And by that I really just mean I'd hang out, and see what videos other martial artists had up and talk about them with the poster and other members, giving opinions/critiques/etc. Every once in a while some guy would come on and say stuff like, "I don't know what u guyz r talkin about that guy waz week u r all noobs thinking ur better than u really r"

So then we'd talk to that person and ask why he thought that way, things like that. Most of the answers we got were along those lines. "No that's not real martial arts." and "oh you think that guy is good/bad but you don't REALLY know what good/bad is. I haven't even studied for that long but I know what good/bad is I laugh when I hear ur commentz bcuz u gaiz dunno wut is really good/bad" (good or bad depending on the situation)

So naturally we asked, "hey what style do you train in? What lineage? What teacher?" and naturally they would say things along the line of either "what r u gonna stalk me ur a gay stalker" or "you can't find him on youtube/google so I won't even bother." Those people would continue flaming and all that jazz and it was pretty obvious there were there to just slam some guys.

Now some guys had some variations... like they would come in all hating and just slamming stuff, terrible grammar and punctuation, but then when a conversation would drag out they'd "clean up" their comments a bit, but all in all not say much.

Well as an observer, I must say first off that I don't train in Mo Pai or any other lineage like that. I'm new to self cultivation and still have a lot to go even on the basics, so I don't think I am biased when I say that there are LOTS of similarities between your posts in this thread and the haters that you encounter on youtube.

Several of your initial posts here seemed borderline inflammatory. You made rash generalizations, and even bordered on ridiculing people with statements such as "you guys who think you know qigong don't even know qigong" (kind of like the haters that said "you noobs dont kno wut reel MA is"...)

Then when we ask for clarification on your training/lineage you are hesitant to give it, and only after several other posts in which a system has been outlined for you do you post where you are in that system that has been outlined for you... I must also add that I'm a college student, and while I enjoy studying things for the sake of learning, there are times when I don't have as much time to study something as I want, so I have to b/s some things. I don't want to brag... but with a good imagination/improvisation/acting skill I've gotten pretty good at it. I know stalling and fishing for info from the other person in order to construct a statement when I see it. And the way that you put off answering certain questions seems... fishy.

On top of that, you repeatedly mention that you found your teacher through your own means, but in the same paragraphs you mention how you found your teacher through Mr. Chang... then go back to how it is all your work.

Now I'm not calling you a liar, I'm going to be straight up with that. For all I know you've been on a path for a long time and have done lots of things so naturally you may refer to one thing and then refer to another, merely pointing out two separate points on your journey.

But from an objective and unbiased standpoint, there are some things that raise suspicion, and I just thought that you should know what some of the observers might think.

I found John on my own. John then pointed me to another teacher. John, just to clarify things DID INFACT INSTRUCT ME IN TRAINING. I can give out Johns name and his location but why? I can give out my teacher's name and location but why? I was man enough to take the big boy route and do things on my own so you can too. I'm still confused as to why I should divulge any info on my teacher. I havent said one thing about my training, my school, or my teacher. Qigong is great, it takes a bit longer to develop the "cool" powers though, and I only use cool because they have no real purpose other than making the observer aware of the limits of the human. Ok obviously firestarting is great for survival but you know what I mean. I'll make this my final post on this seeing as how everyone is getting just a tad butthurt because they want name, number, location, date of birth, blood type, zodiac sign, mothers maiden name, whatelse? MJJBECKER, if you want the name of my teacher and location of my teacher, you can divulge to those who are interested the birth name of John and his actual whereabouts. You expect me to break certain promises when you yourself wont?

Now to clear this up again. I found John on my own, or karma or whatever you want to call it, but I didnt have anyone say hey go here and go there etc. From there I did what training John said to do and after sometime he pointed to another teacher. I say I found my teacher on my own because I found John but I guess if you want to get karmic then I didnt really do shit. Again, If a certain someone will post publicly John's birthname and his actual whereabouts then I will be less than happy and post my teachers name and location.

So. Whatelse?

I dont want to debate anymore I quit. :o

It's all about the girls though...

Cuz girls ROCK!! Totally!! And beer too!! Yeah beer and chicks!!! :lol: Arguing about stupid stuff is such a downer man, a total buzzkill, but CHICKS AND BEER YEAH!!!

I found John on my own. John then pointed me to another teacher. John, just to clarify things DID INFACT INSTRUCT ME IN TRAINING. I can give out Johns name and his location but why? I can give out my teacher's name and location but why? I was man enough to take the big boy route and do things on my own so you can too. I'm still confused as to why I should divulge any info on my teacher. I havent said one thing about my training, my school, or my teacher. Qigong is great, it takes a bit longer to develop the "cool" powers though, and I only use cool because they have no real purpose other than making the observer aware of the limits of the human. Ok obviously firestarting is great for survival but you know what I mean. I'll make this my final post on this seeing as how everyone is getting just a tad butthurt because they want name, number, location, date of birth, blood type, zodiac sign, mothers maiden name, whatelse? MJJBECKER, if you want the name of my teacher and location of my teacher, you can divulge to those who are interested the birth name of John and his actual whereabouts. You expect me to break certain promises when you yourself wont?

Now to clear this up again. I found John on my own, or karma or whatever you want to call it, but I didnt have anyone say hey go here and go there etc. From there I did what training John said to do and after sometime he pointed to another teacher. I say I found my teacher on my own because I found John but I guess if you want to get karmic then I didnt really do shit. Again, If a certain someone will post publicly John's birthname and his actual whereabouts then I will be less than happy and post my teachers name and location.

So. Whatelse?

No one is asking you to divulge anything secret.

When someone asks "who is your teacher?" and someone says "John Chang", or when people are like, "what is your lineage?" and someone says "Mo Pai", people are like, "oh okay, I see."

But if someone asks you for who your teacher is, and you flip out, you MUST realize that it only makes YOU look bad, and if you are not even rational enough to realize that then... as a beginner, I wonder what kind of training you are doing :lol:

No one EVER asked for all those details. You are blowing it way out of proportion.

No one wants a real name.

No one wants a location.

Or all that other junk you are throwing out there.

The only thing that anyone ever asked for was the bare minimum info as a reference for credentials. Not anything like John Chang's real name, but enough to identify that you're not just some nut who's getting a kick out of insulting some Tao Bums :P

Then again, if even HINTING at your master's name is akin to revealing John Chang's real name... then obviously you've got a very powerful master and you're just so far amazingly beyond any of us and... well do you realize how suspicious that sounds? I mean honestly? Even if you're not a master you should be aware of the things you say and how people will react, and do you not realize how suspicious a statement like that sounds? "even mentioning my master is like revealing John Chang's real name, THAT'S how advanced he is..." I mean.... I dunno.... it sounds really sketchy, that's all :)

The way you overreacted to that question, and then the way that you overreacted and accused us of demanding all these details, NONE of which we actually asked for, SERIOUSLY reminds me of some immature people on youtube.

I don't mean that as an insult, but maybe you should breathe, do whatever qigong you do, take a step back and read some of your past comments? Because to me it sounds like you are creating some things... or perhaps are too advanced to be acting this way on the internet.

Like I said in another thread, it'd be great if we can trust everybody, but it's not always smart to do that, and not everyone will do that. People are going to want evidence or some kind of credentials, especially when you say some of the things you've said. I myself, like I also said before, am pretty non-partial on this matter. I don't train in Mo Pai or any lineage affiliated with that or with any lineage that may be seen as having reason to be disrespectful to John Chang or anything like that. In all honesty, I am of the opinion of "whatever helps you sleep at night". If you doing what you doing is cool with you, cool with me. I'm just letting you know as an observer how your actions might affect other people. That's all :D

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

No one is asking you to divulge anything secret.

When someone asks "who is your teacher?" and someone says "John Chang", or when people are like, "what is your lineage?" and someone says "Mo Pai", people are like, "oh okay, I see."

But if someone asks you for who your teacher is, and you flip out, you MUST realize that it only makes YOU look bad, and if you are not even rational enough to realize that then... as a beginner, I wonder what kind of training you are doing :lol:

No one EVER asked for all those details. You are blowing it way out of proportion.

No one wants a real name.

No one wants a location.

Or all that other junk you are throwing out there.

The only thing that anyone ever asked for was the bare minimum info as a reference for credentials. Not anything like John Chang's real name, but enough to identify that you're not just some nut who's getting a kick out of insulting some Tao Bums :P

Then again, if even HINTING at your master's name is akin to revealing John Chang's real name... then obviously you've got a very powerful master and you're just so far amazingly beyond any of us and... well do you realize how suspicious that sounds? I mean honestly? Even if you're not a master you should be aware of the things you say and how people will react, and do you not realize how suspicious a statement like that sounds? "even mentioning my master is like revealing John Chang's real name, THAT'S how advanced he is..." I mean.... I dunno.... it sounds really sketchy, that's all :)

The way you overreacted to that question, and then the way that you overreacted and accused us of demanding all these details, NONE of which we actually asked for, SERIOUSLY reminds me of some immature people on youtube.

I don't mean that as an insult, but maybe you should breathe, do whatever qigong you do, take a step back and read some of your past comments? Because to me it sounds like you are creating some things... or perhaps are too advanced to be acting this way on the internet.

Like I said in another thread, it'd be great if we can trust everybody, but it's not always smart to do that, and not everyone will do that. People are going to want evidence or some kind of credentials, especially when you say some of the things you've said. I myself, like I also said before, am pretty non-partial on this matter. I don't train in Mo Pai or any lineage affiliated with that or with any lineage that may be seen as having reason to be disrespectful to John Chang or anything like that. In all honesty, I am of the opinion of "whatever helps you sleep at night". If you doing what you doing is cool with you, cool with me. I'm just letting you know as an observer how your actions might affect other people. That's all :D

MJJBECKER asked me the name of my teacher, not some made up name but his name, how else was I to take that? On that note we can just call him Santa Clause?? Good. :) I've never once said that I was an advanced neigong master. I did say that I know neigong and that's because I do. Neigong isnt some walmart brand type of meditation. It's specific. You cant generalize it. What credentials would you like? Where should I send them? I'd personally send them right up your ass but then that might be a bit much wouldnt it? A complete asshole can become a master in most lineages because it doesnt require any special enlightenment although it's nice to become enlightened. I'm not posting anymore about this just so I can satisfy your ignorant ass.