Sign in to follow this  
Qui-Dao

Greetings!

Hi,

I am new to the forum, also sort of new to the Taoist practices, but Tao has always been my center of my inner world, both consciously and unconsciously, I guess Tao is a gift to Chinese people, whether we are/were aware of it or not, we are influenced by the Tao traditions from our culture and our upbringings.

After living foolishly for all these years (I am over 40 now), I am returning to my origin, hence the nick Qui-Dao. I am learning more about Tao everyday now and am starting to learn to practice QiGong regularly. I Live in NYC.

It is my pleasure to be part of the community!

Gui-Dao

Tao and Taoist are two different things. Taoism is a practice and particular belief system and the "tao" is everything and everywhere, in which everyone even if they do not know it by that name follows it, guides it and is embraced by it.

Tao and Taoist are two different things. Taoism is a practice and particular belief system and the "tao" is everything and everywhere, in which everyone even if they do not know it by that name follows it, guides it and is embraced by it.

Thanks for your comments Taoren.

I have no interest in Taoism as a religion or a belief system.

I love Tao (as in Tao De Ching) as philosophy of life, nature and universe, although I must admit I know so little about it.

I want to study and practice ancient Chinese Taoist practices: Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Meditation, etc., they are not the same as Tao the philosophy, but their foundation is the philosophy of Tao as referred to in Tao De Ching, at least that is how I understand it.

But truthfully, they are not completely separated, they are entangled in some way, shape or form, but I try to separate them conceptually for my own sake, like I said, I want to steer clearly from the religious aspect of "Taoism". Religion and Spirituality are two different things. I have no religion, I don't buy into any belief system, but I do seek spiritual enlightenment as my life's goal, or shall I just call it Tao for the simplicity?

Hi,

I am new to the forum, also sort of new to the Taoist practices, but Tao has always been my center of my inner world, both consciously and unconsciously, I guess Tao is a gift to Chinese people, whether we are/were aware of it or not, we are influenced by the Tao traditions from our culture and our upbringings.

After living foolishly for all these years (I am over 40 now), I am returning to my origin, hence the nick Qui-Dao. I am learning more about Tao everyday now and am starting to learn to practice QiGong regularly. I Live in NYC.

It is my pleasure to be part of the community!

Gui-Dao

Just remember to keep it simple

Sign in to follow this