Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

Frantzis and China

I just wonder how big a problem your teacher needs to have before your radar goes off and you decide to take your balance, dignity, sanity, and health with you out the door.

I just wonder how big a problem your teacher needs to have before your radar goes off and you decide to take your balance, dignity, sanity, and health with you out the door.

I suppose that's very personal.

I studied with Bruce for a number of years and never had a problem with him. I am not resisting him, or suffering his presence to have the teachings. I actually enjoy him as he is. But I admit that some people are instead in that position. I feel many guru who never swear, never use bad language, never show any anger, are very often big hypocrits.

So from my point of view, I don't see him as having a problem. At least not more than we all have. We imperfect human beings.

When you feel someone has problems you then need to analyse what is the problem, how deep is it, and how much is this impairing his ability to embody the teaching, understand it, and teach or share it with you.

Also sometimes the teacher does not have a problem, according to the teacher himself, but you feel he has a problem. Now is it you who have a probem with him, or he has an objective problem, or what?

Your message seem to suggest that there is an objective problem. Maybe you could be a few more words generous and tell us what you see as being a problem. Then we, who study with him, can answer you.

I've also heard very good things about B. Frantzis and this thread would indeed justify buying Power Of Internal Martial Arts. As a Taijiquan practitioner though, would this book be useful?

I've also heard very good things about B. Frantzis and this thread would indeed justify buying Power Of Internal Martial Arts. As a Taijiquan practitioner though, would this book be useful?

yes, it deepens the understanding of the taijiquan practice to a level I never knew existed. Much deeper than it's qigong or nei gung characteristics. It will also inspire and encourage you ten fold just knowing the how intricate and amazing the art is, and a nother ten fold of encouragement will come from all of the other details of how it's helping you whatever stage you're in, and what you have to look forward to. The history and stories of his teachers are very interesting too.

I suppose that's very personal.

I studied with Bruce for a number of years and never had a problem with him. I am not resisting him, or suffering his presence to have the teachings. I actually enjoy him as he is. But I admit that some people are instead in that position. I feel many guru who never swear, never use bad language, never show any anger, are very often big hypocrits.

So from my point of view, I don't see him as having a problem. At least not more than we all have. We imperfect human beings.

When you feel someone has problems you then need to analyse what is the problem, how deep is it, and how much is this impairing his ability to embody the teaching, understand it, and teach or share it with you.

Also sometimes the teacher does not have a problem, according to the teacher himself, but you feel he has a problem. Now is it you who have a probem with him, or he has an objective problem, or what?

Your message seem to suggest that there is an objective problem. Maybe you could be a few more words generous and tell us what you see as being a problem. Then we, who study with him, can answer you.

I don't know him so cannot comment based on personal experience. The descriptions in the previous posts of a man with serious self control issues is where the question comes in. If all you are after is technique, special powers or what have you, then go for it. But the character of a teacher is as important as what they know as far as I am concerned. Both are essential.

I am just posing the question about how bad would it have to be before you would wake up. I don't know how bad he is, if at all.

Sign in to follow this