Sign in to follow this  
Anemos07

So Fortunate To Have Found These Forums

Hello, everyone!

I am a long-time student of taiji and qigong, and having experienced a little bit of qi and shen (and perhaps jing, though I'm not sure): I want to learn a lot more about all that! I don't really claim to know what qi is, and I don't know where it comes from -- my experience just tells me that it is. Maybe it is some sort of all-pervading cosmic soup, or maybe it's just a vital force that all objects have, or maybe it's even a specific biological phenomenon. Feel free to try to convince me any way you want on that one!

From what I know of Taoist philosophy, I think the interplay of forces provides a good check on a lot of potentially dangerous perspectives. I don't really understand the religion of Taoism, if it has religious aspects, so if any of you want to enlighten me, I would welcome the pleasure.

Although I found this site looking for traditional Chinese garb (men's hanfu, daofu, and cheongsam) for practice and demonstration, I'm absolutely certain that I will find a lot more than that. I am extremely grateful for having found this site.

~Anemos

Eternal Student

Hello, everyone!

I am a long-time student of taiji and qigong, and having experienced a little bit of qi and shen (and perhaps jing, though I'm not sure): I want to learn a lot more about all that! I don't really claim to know what qi is, and I don't know where it comes from -- my experience just tells me that it is. Maybe it is some sort of all-pervading cosmic soup, or maybe it's just a vital force that all objects have, or maybe it's even a specific biological phenomenon. Feel free to try to convince me any way you want on that one!

From what I know of Taoist philosophy, I think the interplay of forces provides a good check on a lot of potentially dangerous perspectives. I don't really understand the religion of Taoism, if it has religious aspects, so if any of you want to enlighten me, I would welcome the pleasure.

Although I found this site looking for traditional Chinese garb (men's hanfu, daofu, and cheongsam) for practice and demonstration, I'm absolutely certain that I will find a lot more than that. I am extremely grateful for having found this site.

~Anemos

Eternal Student

Thx for joining. I think this is the greatest taoist site in the world.

Also out of curiosity - what kind of qigong are you studying?

Sign in to follow this