Patrick Brown

Charlie Jade

I have seen the entire first season. The first few sucked so bad that I had to put them on pause and walk away for a bit cause I would lose interest. But since I was so Sci-Fi starved I watched them anyway. Then about the 5-10 episodes they started getting better and I didn't need to walk away anymore. It kept improving like this until the episodes 17-20 I just had to watch twice!

This is a great story but the cinematography, acting and writing really suck at first. But stick with it because it improves and gets really, really good.

Thanks for the feedback although I must say you're slightly put me off now! I figure I'll watch a few youtube clips and think about it a bit more. Hey it's not so much the money it's the time.

This looks fun but the run time is pretty short: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dresden-Files-Comp...d=3D83R6J3CYWSS

And just for those that enjoyed the X-Files (I'm somewhat impartial) Amazon UK are doing a really good deal at the mo (remember you'll need a region free player): http://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Files-Complete-C...d=3D83R6J3CYWSS

Would it help to say the show was meant as an allegory to our future? We can choose a future of liberal democrats ecological dream or an evil republicans corperate conspiracy future. At a deeper level it is a story of the war in heaven and the heros journey.

Come on.... its a great show! :lol:

Would it help to say the show was meant as an allegory to our future? We can choose a future of liberal democrats ecological dream or an evil republicans corperate conspiracy future. At a deeper level it is a story of the war in heaven and the heros journey.

Come on.... its a great show! :lol:

Yeah it was all the allegories and stuff that made me want to see it as I'm a strong believer that some writers create a vehicle for there insights. I like the idea that water has some connection with travelling to other universes (no spoilers please). This water theme appears in Dune as well as at the end of the Matrix trilogy.

Of course it goes without saying that I love 2001, Blade Runner (tears in rain), THX 1138, AI (water again), Dark City (water yet again!) etc. Seeing I mentioned 'Blade Runner' have you ever noticed that it's also always night in 'Blade Runner' until the very end?

Still might get Charlie Jade but just slightly shy at the mo! :P

OK Charlie Jade season one arrived today and it's nicely boxed (season one: part one and part two) and also has a good little booklet that introduces you to the characters and outlines each episode. I'll let you know how I get on once I've started watching it. ;)

OK Charlie Jade season one arrived today and it's nicely boxed (season one: part one and part two) and also has a good little booklet that introduces you to the characters and outlines each episode. I'll let you know how I get on once I've started watching it. ;)

Cool! Hey..... isn't it cool being "our" age and being able to buy anything you want? LOL, of course thats probably the only cool thing......

Cool! Hey..... isn't it cool being "our" age and being able to buy anything you want? LOL, of course thats probably the only cool thing......

For someone who's not materialistic I do wonder how I've acquired so much crap! :lol:

As long as we remain non-attached it's OK to have stuff.

OK just watched episode 2 and I'm hooked, episode 1 was clunky as most reviews have said but it lays a good foundation. So currently thinking yes this is fucking cool with a spiritual lilt or ten! B)

I'll let you know how the experience unfolds.

If all those episodes were like the last two it wouldn't have been moved to 3am.

:lol:

Yes 3.00AM is probably the optimum time for the show! It was a nice little trickle through.