Sign in to follow this  
Spectrum

Snake Creeps Down

NICE!

I dont think it matters about the technique its more about the stretch in that posture for health belongs to Gallbladder and other meridians. So many different hand formations to go down and up in that sequence but thanks for posting it you can see many resemblances from the different arts. Water boxing and my other arts do something similar but isnt called snake creeps down but has the same stretching movements on the legs and opening teh Kwa.

regards

WYG

Neat picture Spectrum!

A little annecdote I was told about Master Moy Lin Shin and this posture...

There was someone who had heard how Master Moy had been known to treat/cure people which western medicine sometimes could not help. This individual had developed gangrene in one of his legs and the doctors told him it could not be saved: the leg had to be amputed. He asked Master Moy if there was anything he could do to help. He calmly said yes, had him grab a bar on the wall and introduced to him to creeping low like snake. He had him do this day in and day out, and the fellow's leg was eventually healed. The gangrene was caused by a lack of blood circulating, and creeping low like snake helped open up the arteries and move the blood. The hidden health benefits of tai chi are simply amazing. There are many stories like this, but they are not publicized.

Xuesheng,

Thats not what i meant but the most important thing with all kung fu and or internal systems is ones health and doing stretching of the legs such as snake creeps down amongst many others is good for so many things. On a fighting application its verty good for grappling, and clinch range where you can do like a firemans throw or leg takedown depending on the hand movements with the same leg stretch and movements.

Oolong Rabbit,

I agree 100%, i think Taiji and all internal arts that utilise theis type of movement and many more with combination of breath and intent is vital for all health!

Thanks

WYG

Xuesheng, thanks for the additional photo ref. Wow. Cool photo. I notice foot alignment effects the hip opening. Leading with the fingers.

Oolong, Is this the same Sifu Moy that founded the Taoist Tai Chi Society? I have had the honor of practicing with at least one teacher from his line. Oolong perhaps you remember you sent me some Wudang videos including the 108 while I was living in the mountains last year?

Neat picture Spectrum!

A little annecdote I was told about Master Moy Lin Shin and this posture...

There was someone who had heard how Master Moy had been known to treat/cure people which western medicine sometimes could not help. This individual had developed gangrene in one of his legs and the doctors told him it could not be saved: the leg had to be amputed. He asked Master Moy if there was anything he could do to help. He calmly said yes, had him grab a bar on the wall and introduced to him to creeping low like snake. He had him do this day in and day out, and the fellow's leg was eventually healed. The gangrene was caused by a lack of blood circulating, and creeping low like snake helped open up the arteries and move the blood. The hidden health benefits of tai chi are simply amazing. There are many stories like this, but they are not publicized.

Edited by Spectrum

Sign in to follow this