Mantra68

The Red Sun practice

well, this reminds me of.. the qigong that my kung fu teacher teaches. The Hua Shan Pai Do Ga Qigong...

it's like well, pranayama... You have to inhale deep into your dan tien, filling it up, until you start filling up your chest, and fill that up, and hold all this in, and "swallow" by expanding the belly outwards to bring the air into the dantien... and by this time your head may feel lightheaded and dizzy you'll see lots of glitters and you might get like a "gray/white-out", and then, compressing the belly inwards so that some of the top air goes into the chest area, and then you pop out that air with a "Poh" sound, just like the sound a champagne bottle makes when u open it, but a bit soft, then you breathe in as much as you can to fill up the remaining bit of capacity you have left, and thne you go on to do one of the qigong exercises. You do this for just about every beginning of the first 5 qigong exercises which represent a specific animal.

it is also recommended you use a thick utility belt while doing this qigong.. sifu's sifu or grandmaster, would tell him that using the belt would make the qigong 80 percent more effective. My guess is that the qigong belt lets you know where to braeth.. as yo have to wear it over the navel and when you breathe in you have to expand your belly into the belt and make it tighter. This is not the usual soft type of qigong you see in most videos.. theres 108 exercises in the whole system divided into 3 levels of 36 called the jing, qi and shen phase or level since that level focuses on each of those types of energy. I'm only on number 4... can be a bit expensive, and trust me.. 4 or 5 exercises can take quite a while.

Edited by Non