I've been a lurker for a while, but I've finally created an account! I've been meditating on and off for the last decade or so--in the last year more on than off--and I've recently felt a pull towards the body and energetic side of things. My practice is primarily a formless style of meditation, similar to what you might find in Zen or Tibetan Buddhism (maybe similar to zuowang or jingzuo in Daoism?). I have a little bit of experience with postures and breathing techniques from hatha yoga and Buddhist tantra, but I'm feeling drawn to explore Daoist neigong. I've begun to incorporate a bit of zhanzhuang in the wuji posture into my practice and am really liking it. I'm interested in exploring more dynamic qigong forms and potentially undergoing Yi Jin Jing style conditioning.

I actually created this account because I wanted to read an old thread about Daoist breathing that I keep seeing references to (https://www.thedaobums.com/index.php?/topic/12618-learning-to-breath), but it said I didn't have permission to view it. I thought that was because I wasn't logged in, but now that I have an account I still don't have permission to view it. :lol: In any case, it's nice to finally be a member of this forum!

Hey there Pai Mei.  Welcome to the Bums!

The thread you're interested in is part of someone's personal practice journal, so it is open to full members.  Not sure what the current limits on new members are, but it used to be make a few posts and then the full site opens up.  If it persists you can ask the mods to look into it.

Hope you enjoy your time here.