Posted (edited)

So I am in the procesd of finishing my degrre in economics. I am very demotiveted, and If i was not so close to finishinging, Id probally quit. Id like to do something in care (feels more rewarding,) or maybe practical work like fishing bout or electrician.

Any thoughts?

Edited by NaturaNaturans

I think young folks fresh out of mandatory school are rushed into trying to decide what they want to do for the rest of their lives.

I've had three distinct phases of my 55 year life.  Two full careers and much on the way for the next phase.

You seem like a young man, don't hesitate to change gears and pursue something else... the knowledge you've gathered and achieved will be there for you if you wish to utilize it.

Give yourself space to ponder and explore and don't hesitate if something grabs you with potency.... is my off the cuff advice.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2024 at 7:41 AM, NaturaNaturans said:

So I am in the procesd of finishing my degrre in economics. I am very demotiveted, and If i was not so close to finishinging, Id probally quit. Id like to do something in care (feels more rewarding,) or maybe practical work like fishing bout or electrician.

Any thoughts?

Must be a lot of businesses that could use someone with computer skills, spread-sheet skills, statistical skills, which I'm guess you have.  Maybe take a break and travel a bit, if you can afford it.

The discouraging thing about the new digital age is the lack of personal contact in interviewing and hiring.  Build your interpersonal networks, while you're in school.  All just a guess on my part, I've been very fortunate and people have been very kind, and I've managed to get by in several capacities.  The people are the main thing.

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 2

On 02/04/2024 at 7:41 AM, NaturaNaturans said:

Any thoughts?

Regardless of what qualification/degree you get in your younger years, you will have to change or adapt it 2 or 3 times during your lifetime. If you feel strongly about your desired work place right now as an electrician or care, you could apply the credits you already have to the new profession. But finishing your economics would be good because you will have a degree that will be applicable to any change you might have later in life. Getting something finished is important.

• Like 2