Sign in to follow this  
old3bob

where is the cat thread?

I was trying to find the cat thread started by Taomeow to post there but didn't...anyway I came across some health tips for cats that some people may be interested in,  there is an advertisement angle to it but the info sounds pretty good concerning dubious big name cat food suppliers that put only god know what into their cat food being that there is little or no regulations for same!  For instance pet foods with all sorts of fillers and grains that are not good or detrimental to your cats health.  The vets name and cat food product is from Dr. Marty which can easily be found with a web search.  And I'm pretty sure there are other vets that are in agreement with his warnings about all the fillers in cat and dog food since they are supposed to be mostly be eating like carnivores.  

• Like 1

Btw, we had a very good cat for 14 years but he got some type of cancer in his right shoulder and leg.  A vet said he could could cut it out but that the cat would then be very crippled.  We decided not to do that to him since he spent a lot time outdoors doing cat stuff and him needing all four legs to do so.  Well he did not suffer too much from the cancer while still with us and continued his outdoor activities for more than year until one day he did not come home.  We figured he fought his last battle with a feral cat or fox that got the better of him.  I hate to think that back then we may have helped bring on the cancer since we were feeding him big name cat food!

• Like 1

The cat thread is in the Rabbit Hole. 

It was originally conceived of as dedicated to what its name says -- Wild cats, but other kinds of cats show up from time to time too.

Commercial cat food is a sad topic...  "Research" experiments on cats is a sadder one.  I try not to go there.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

The cat thread is in the Rabbit Hole. 

It was originally conceived of as dedicated to what its name says -- Wild cats, but other kinds of cats show up from time to time too.

Commercial cat food is a sad topic...  "Research" experiments on cats is a sadder one.  I try not to go there.  

even domesticated cats that get outside a lot retain a certain amount of wildness and hunting traits, as in clearing out all the free roaming mice and some other critters.  (including over populated rabbits which we had some of)  I remember seeing something on TV years ago where parts of Australia had major rabbit over-population?  Then again too many cats may kill to many critters...

Edited by old3bob

12 hours ago, Nungali said:

Major rabbit population problem, major cat population problem .  Too many 'other critters' being killed problem .

Too many camels, too many goats, too many foxes , too many horses in some places .

Too many kangaroos .

https://citynews.com.au/2022/1645-kangaroos-removed-the-cull-falls-silent/

Sounds very serious there!  Speaking of horses, there were once a lot more wild horses in the American west that one could go out and see but many have been rounded up over the years and either trained and then adopted by horse people or killed by government agencies.  Part of the reason was because of pressure from cattle and sheep owners who did not want any competition from wild horses eating up grazing food that they wanted for their stock, another was the horses populations in some areas was also getting out of hand.  (and granted some measures had to be taken since the lands they were in could only support so many of them until they were badly impacted health wise from lack of natural resources,  although mankind tends to over-kill in such cases.

Sign in to follow this