Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

Can't upload external photos - Forum bug

Could you please fix this error.

The problem occurred here:

Same thread just a few days earlier I was able to insert a pic with no trouble at all.

Thank you. 

@Gerard

Nothing has changed in the forum software.

Were you posting links or files saved on your machine?

Not all 3rd party hosting sites and file types are compatible with the forum software.

If links, please paste them here and tag me.

Thanks

PS - is it this link you are referring to from the other thread?

https://ibb.co/VJW7NLH

The host site, ibb.co, is not on the list of sites from which the forum software allows automatic image embedding. That may be the issue and cannot be changed. That said, I was able to post that image as a test and it automatically embedded. Don't know if that has to do with my level of permissions vs yours or not. I suggest you clear your browsing data and try again. Also, be a bit cautious with files hosted at ibb.co, there are reports of embedded malware in some of their hosted files.

• Thanks 1

fwiw,

I have always linked to external images.

I've just considered that standard, here.

I get that it's more complicated than that, technically, but for me I've left it at that simple solution.

There are free sites where I store my own unique media (wordpress, pinterest, undoubtedly there are others) if I need to post my own stuff.

That's (and what @steve mentioned, above) where we're at on that TDBs issue.

Thank you for the various tips from others.

- Trunk

Posted (edited)

jamoniberico_1296x.jpg?v=1611027738

So I tried the copy-paste method and it worked. In the past it wouldn't.

Not sure what has changed but I'm pretty sure when I inserted the Egyptian hieroglyph in another thread in The Rabbit Hole section I used IMGBB. Not allowed now? I'll use the copy-paste method as an alternative.

Thanks for your replies. 

IMG_0876.webp

Edited by Gerard

11 hours ago, Gerard said:

So I tried the copy-paste method and it worked. In the past it wouldn't.

Not sure what has changed but I'm pretty sure when I inserted the Egyptian hieroglyph in another thread in The Rabbit Hole section I used IMGBB. Not allowed now? I'll use the copy-paste method as an alternative.

Nothing has changed. Glad you found a way to make it work.

11 hours ago, Gerard said:

The IMG_0876.webp tag keeps posting itself automatically even after I delete it before posting.

Could you fix this bug?

As best I can tell the forum settings are optimal, not sure what else I can do to improve the situation.

Sorry

Sign in to follow this