Maddie

Is Buddhism a complete path?

Posted (edited)

...and without a certain variation of faith who would get in their car and drive anywhere if they had lost faith in a high percentage of other drivers to follow the driving laws  and thus put them in excessive danger?   Similar variations of faith are needed when it comes to living our daily lives that for a long time have often been taken for granted.   Many have lost faith (for good reason) in millions of "fellow Americans" including their own family members who are voting for and supporting a proven violent pathological fascist and self described wana-be dictator, along with his dozens of other decades long  criminal actions and malicious words of hate!  

As for the right and privilege, bought with bloody sacrifice in wars and with other types of effort so that people could also  practice various "eastern" ways like Buddhism, Daoism, Hinduism, Skihism, etc.,  along with Jewish,  Muslim and native American ways are finding their rights and ways of life are in increasing danger from fanatical Christians,  which there are many of in positions of power;  (like the speaker of the house and his ilk) who in their own words say they want to do away with such teachings, thus take away our religious freedoms and make all of America into a land of hard core, non-Christian,  Christian fanatics without there being a separation of church and state!  

Edited by old3bob

It seems to me that the concept of faith includes expectations.  Faith that someone is going to do something?  I think the whole point of the DDJ is to live without expectation, accepting what is.  The whole concept of faith seems to have left me - that was something I used to span the gap between what I was being instructed, and what my adult brain told me was true.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, manitou said:

It seems to me that the concept of faith includes expectations.  Faith that someone is going to do something?  I think the whole point of the DDJ is to live without expectation, accepting what is.  The whole concept of faith seems to have left me - that was something I used to span the gap between what I was being instructed, and what my adult brain told me was true.

or it could be keeping quiet and listening in good faith for what higher forces may be saying...

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1