Chang dao ling

Meditation

Hi, why I can meditate longer during winter season? Normally i can meditate 22 to 25 minutes. From two weeks onwards I can meditate 34 to 47 minutes in the morning only. I think this happening because of winter season. Please share your opinions 

11 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Hi, why I can meditate longer during winter season? …

Nothing better to do (beach is closed)?

Edited by Cobie

Not sure what climate you live in but in the northern latitudes many animals respond to winter by curtailing or even ending activity (hibernation). In TCM winter is associated with Yin the dark, cold slow and inward energy and with water calm, peaceful and at rest.. Here is a quote about TCM in Winter  I found that might be relevant to your question - sounds like your body might be already telling you this

Activities in Winter

Activities should represent the season with a turn inwards, with more self-reflection, quiet time writing, meditating, reading and other soul-nourishing activities. Winter is a time to slow down and feed ourselves both physically and spiritually. Internal martial arts and meditative practices are particularly helpful at this time of year. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sahaja said:

Not sure what climate you live in but in the northern latitudes many animals respond to winter by curtailing or even ending activity (hibernation). In TCM winter is associated with Yin the dark, cold slow and inward energy and with water calm, peaceful and at rest.. Here is a quote about TCM in Winter  I found that might be relevant to your question - sounds like your body might be already telling you this

Activities in Winter

Activities should represent the season with a turn inwards, with more self-reflection, quiet time writing, meditating, reading and other soul-nourishing activities. Winter is a time to slow down and feed ourselves both physically and spiritually. Internal martial arts and meditative practices are particularly helpful at this time of year. 

Thank you very much. This is the answer i am looking for 

• Like 1