Sign in to follow this  
TimeCop

Hello - Newbie Here - Important Question

Hello everyone, 

I've been practicing Kun Lun (water - downward path) off and on irregularly for the past maybe 2 years. However, recently due to having much less time constraints, I've been very consistent with my practice in the past 2 months. Things are begining to move very fast now - I feel myself spiritually accelerating at a rapid rate. However, I do have 1 question that remains unaswered. I've done a search for it here on these forums but I can't quite get the answer I'm looking for.

My goal is to achieve the highest state possible, I guess there are different names for it in different traditions- rainbow body, diamond body, etc. (but through my eyes - union with the creator/god/allah or whatever you may call it - a state of pure love and light where I can go on and help others as much as I can) Though, my question is regarding abstinence. I know how important this practice is in the fire, yogic path, traditions but when reading Max's KunLun book there isn't a single mention of this topic - of course he mentions the importance of good virtues/qualities but semen retention is never mentioned. I've been slowly dissolving all other attachments and this is, believe it or not, the easier part for me. However, things like sex/masturbation - this is a little more difficlut because it's a habit that's been engraved in the past. Right now, I'm only releasing semen once a month - I think eventually I will try to stop altogether but is it aboslutely necessary in order to achieve the highest levels when doing so from the water path? 

thanks!

You need to undertake massive changes in your diet and lifestyle to tackle sexual desire. It starts with a serious and dedicated practice over a long period of time that will change gradually your diet and lifestyle. You'll end up eating one meal a day before noon. 

I feel the key is to be in tune with yourself and your own process, then you´ll know what is right for you.  Any generic advice you might receive about the topic might well be wrong for you as celibacy can be right for some people at some times and wrong for others.  In general, I don´t think it´s good to be in a struggle with oneself.  When celibacy is right, it will come naturally.  (Or so I keep telling myself ;),)

Posted (edited)

OP,

The problem of retaining Jing is building up "potential" energy and not allowing it to circulate properly. Hence you either enter a serious food intake mode (not really recommended if you work or study full time) or start moving a lot. Moving as in becoming a wanderer or hiking many kms per day in order to burn excess stored energy.

Edited by Gerard

Sign in to follow this