Sign in to follow this  
nizhaosi

Hi, book recommendations for a beginner?

Greetings, since I have to make the obligatory first post, I'll use it to accumulate some more knowledge.
Right now I'm reading  Tao Te Ching and The complete life works of Zhaozi, along with the encyclopaedia of Taoism, a Taoist guide to practical living, Taoist yoga, alchemy and immortality and the teachings of Tao, alongside a comprehensive guide to Taoist nei gong, which is by Damo Michell who i hear is a bit dubious in teachings. if any of these books are bad, or you know any books I could also start reading, please suggest them. Thanks.

4 hours ago, nizhaosi said:

Greetings, since I have to make the obligatory first post, I'll use it to accumulate some more knowledge.
Right now I'm reading  Tao Te Ching and The complete life works of Zhaozi, along with the encyclopaedia of Taoism, a Taoist guide to practical living, Taoist yoga, alchemy and immortality and the teachings of Tao, alongside a comprehensive guide to Taoist nei gong, which is by Damo Michell who i hear is a bit dubious in teachings. if any of these books are bad, or you know any books I could also start reading, please suggest them. Thanks.

It's a good start. You will gradually find out what aspects of Taoism you like most. There's something in it for (almost) everyone.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Trunk said:

@nizhaosi,

That's a formidable list!

Welcome to TDBs,

Trunk

Thanks! Forgot to mention, I'm also reading "Secret of the golden flower", which i've heard is good..

• Like 1

Hi. That’s a lot of books! Welcome to the forum. :) 

Edited by Cobie

Sign in to follow this