Partez

Shakti Energy, Eyes fluttering experience

Hi guys.

A while ago now a friend took me to a "Satsung" by a local female "guru".  The whole experience seemed a bit scammy and self aggrandizing, with the typical self help and positive thinking fluff, as well as a nice Kirtan.

At the end she had whoever wanted to, walk up to the front and kneel down besides her or one of her disciples, who would put one thumb on your third eye area and hold one hand up in the air, and I noticed their eyelids fluttering rappidly.

I'm always open to new experiences, so I gave it a shot and ended up with someone who I later found out was the daughter of the head "guru", and low and behold, my eyes started to flutter rappidly and felt an electric energy going through my forehead.

I went back again a couple times more, and to another local place which no longer operates as her popularity seems to have diminished in recent times, but never had the same strong experience again, even from the head guru herself.

I had a look at some of the things she teaches, and whatever she did, she is only teaching to the inner circle, because all the books and meditations she sells seem like fluff to me.

From my point of view one of three things might be happening.

1.  I simply tranced out, and went with the expectation of my eyes fluttering and just went along the first time subconsciously.  Maybe the second time I wasn't that into it and didn't go.

2. She learned some genuine technique or cultivation method, and was now using it to leverage her semi-cult type thing.  Whatever she was doing, she wasn't teaching it to any of the peasent.

3. It could have been an outright trick using some sort of low electricity rig.  This is possible, but least likely IMO from the experience I had.

Has anyone else here had an experience, or seen something similar with this "Shakti" energy?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Partez said:

From my point of view one of three things might be happening.

1.  I simply tranced out, and went with the expectation of my eyes fluttering and just went along the first time subconsciously.  Maybe the second time I wasn't that into it and didn't go.

its a mass psychology reaction. first a one or two most impressionable people in the crowd react, triggering the snowball reaction. There is no shakti. What happened is your own qi gathered in the forehead and created the electrical sensation and fluttering. And it gathered there as your own unconscious reaction to the lecture and  the ceremony.

1 hour ago, Taoist Texts said:

its a mass psychology reaction. first a one or two most impressionable people in the crowd react, triggering the snowball reaction. There is no shakti. What happened is your own qi gathered in the forehead and created the electrical sensation and fluttering. And it gathered there as your own unconscious reaction to the lecture and  the ceremony.

Next question then.

How do you recreate that specific sensation.

I've been doing Qi Gong for years and can feel "energy" flowing every each way, but never had the specific experience here.

3 hours ago, Partez said:

I've been doing Qi Gong for years and can feel "energy" flowing every each way, but never had the specific experience here.

You did not have it because those are two different states of mind, hence two different qi feeling. When you do your qigong alone you direct your qi consciously. When there is a "qi donor" your qi reacts to his manipulation un-consciously. Hence two different feelings.

Compare your experience to that of this esteemed practicer:

On 10/3/2023 at 12:56 PM, Pak_Satrio said:

“Electric qi” would be something I’ve experienced from other systems, which I guess could also be called “lightning qi”. Feels exactly like an electric shock or current, quite small when I’m doing practices myself, very very very strong when a master is emitting it into me. 

(Thank you for the quote @Pak_Satrio)

As we see here there is no diff in quality of qi. Only in strength. And that diff comes from conscious vs unconscious qi reaction (conscious vs unconscious mind). Again there is no real qi donor nor a qi donation. Just your own qi unconsciously reacting to the external stimuli.

3 hours ago, Partez said:

How do you recreate that specific sensation.

12 hours ago, Partez said:

I simply tranced out,

First like you said you should get into a half-trance state. Second, you should visualize the qi donor. They somewhat naively call it a guru-yoga or initiation or  healing or some such. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

its a mass psychology reaction. first a one or two most impressionable people in the crowd react, triggering the snowball reaction. …

I agree. Ime it’s self-induced.

2 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

… consciously … un-consciously. … 

a half-trance state. …

I can do it at will. Imo, it’s like REM sleep while awake. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1