TowardTheosis

Qigong Enthusiast

Good Afternoon All, 

I'm usually rather terrible at introducing myself in online communities. I never know exactly what to say, and my inner critic is almost never satisfied enough with my writing to post without a burdensome amount of ego interference after the fact. I suppose I should consider this first post as a practice ritual to combat those egoic tendencies.

All that aside, I've been a casual reader of the Tao Bums for quite some time now, and I'm eager to interact with the many learned souls who feel likewise drawn to this group. 

I am, as you might have guessed from my handle, an Orthodox Christian. The path toward Christ has been a very long and meandering one, but it suffices to say that I've made enough spiritual detours in my past to know definitively that this is where I'm supposed to be. Having said that, I have massive respect for just about every other spiritual paradigm out there. My faith does not prevent me from acknowledging the common humanity of my fellow brothers and sisters, the commonalities between our respective paths, and the potential for friendship arising out of a healthy appreciation for the energetic arts. 

I am a qigong practitioner (mostly for medicinal purposes). Since my practice is largely self taught, I don't have a great deal of opportunity to chat with other practitioners in my everyday life. Hopefully, the Tao Bums will provide what I lack in that respect, and I hope that I can in turn contribute something of value to this forum. 

Please call me Robert, and know that it is my distinct honor to be here. 

Thank You, 

• Like 2