Sign in to follow this  
Eden

Kundalini vs Jing Chi Shen

Is practiciting Hatha yoga asana and pranayama to awaken Kundalini different to the whole Taoist framework of Jing Chi Shen? Does a Hatha Yogi cultivate these 3 treasures on their path of awakening Kundalini, or do Taoists experience their kundalini awakening?

For me lately Ive been experimenting with these two paths... and they seem mutually exclusive... the idea of a Hatha Yogi is eating a very simple, bland, moist easy to digest sattvic diet (no eggs or meat or garlic, etc), and they are working primarily with the Solar and Lunar energy currents in the body, bringing those into balance to bring the Prana to flow in central channel to awaken Kundalini.. but kundalini path is hard cause she can easily fall back down or fall back asleep.. Its a very particular energy not like jing chi or shen at all... its more like a current of vital energy that begins to flow through central channel when its balanced and opened

Taoist is more about "building" Jing and Chi to help open the meridians for better Chi flow, ie microcosmic orbit... but it doesnt really ever feel like I am working with Kundalini. For me my results of cultivating Jing and Chi lead to similar phenomena as Kundalini, but its more like a basins of water filling... first with Jing becoming full and overlfowing into Chi.. then Chi overlfowing and nourishing Shen, etc

These paths also seems very different way of cultivating energy than Tibetan Vajrayana Buddhism of working with Tsa Lung and Thigle...

• Like 2

This is the whole reason I'm on this site. From what I can tell daoist inner Alchemy is the same as what is talked about in the Bhagavad Gita that even someone from a toxic womb can attain. From what I've gathered we only need reach an alkaline state through not eating much meat, not drinking alcohol or coffee, thinking peaceful thoughts and practicing compassion for a few days. Then through conscious effort allow the process of what can be clumsily termed sacred secretion to occur. My line of investigation is how to tune into when it is going on.

2 hours ago, Dedicated said:

This is the whole reason I'm on this site. From what I can tell daoist inner Alchemy is the same as what is talked about in the Bhagavad Gita that even someone from a toxic womb can attain. From what I've gathered we only need reach an alkaline state through not eating much meat, not drinking alcohol or coffee, thinking peaceful thoughts and practicing compassion for a few days. Then through conscious effort allow the process of what can be clumsily termed sacred secretion to occur. My line of investigation is how to tune into when it is going on.

"for a few days" ???  besides what goes into the mouth there is that which comes out via thoughts/feelings.  One could be a great yogi and still fall right into the hell realms for various reasons...as happened to rishis long lost to history.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, old3bob said:

"for a few days" ???  besides what goes into the mouth there is that which comes out via thoughts/feelings.  One could be a great yogi and still fall right into the hell realms for various reasons...as happened to rishis long lost to history.

Thanks Old 3 Bob!

Three days isn't quite enough, good pick up. I like your Jesus reference, not what goes into the mouth, rather what comes out, for words come from your heart. What guidance do you know, heard or read regarding choice realms? 

I came across the term sacred secretion surfing YouTube. But I was struggling to find out more regarding recognising it happening, and what stage in the process one is in. Daoism gave the most generous description I could find within my readily available resources. But that's not how I found this site. I found it when my research lead to Pythagoras, which lead me here.

it's a life time process for most schools (at least) as I believe most Taoists would agree with, btw. I know very little about Taoism but there are many here who have been involved with it in various ways for a long time so hopefully they will be able to help a lot more?  In yoga systems/schools karma yoga is a very important part of and one's foundation for practice,  its also protective in a sense for being grounded for both student and master a like.  So I'd say research is fine but don't jump into methods other than very basic well rounded, down to earth healthy ways that apply to life in general without having well a qualified teacher for further guidance.

Here is a link to a school you might like,  it looks fine to me but one has to find out for themselves in all such things.    https://www.collegeoftao.org/harvest-moon-by-dr-mao-shing-ni.html

Edited by old3bob
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this