Patrick Brown

The Tao that can be taught is not the eternal Tao.

you can try it without a teacher--that is everyones choice---but when you find a great teacher you are truly blessed :)

you can try it without a teacher--that is everyones choice---but when you find a great teacher you are truly blessed :)

I think I get you. ;)

:lol:

Unless u are doing Micro orbit and other B.S where you guide the Qi around or through, into you may need a teacher plus incase you %^@$ it all up and the Qi gets caught or stagnated!

The tao is eternal and omnipresent, everywhere and nowhere, all encompassing and that in which it encompasses. It is the teacher, the teaching, and the tabla rasa (the blank slate). Rishi, Devata, and Chhandas; the knower, the process of knowing, and the known. The samhita of this is tao. It is the dynamic silence of consciousness interacting with its Self. the tao is every-thing and no-thing.

This is and is not the tao :blink:

I think we're too conditioned to be spontaneous. The mind is frozen in our habits, preconceptions, etc. The trick is to unlearn this conditioning, and then spontaneity naturally arises.

I think we're too conditioned to be spontaneous. The mind is frozen in our habits, preconceptions, etc. The trick is to unlearn this conditioning, and then spontaneity naturally arises.

Yes, and when I talked about self-cultivation and choosing what to build into ourselves perhaps we shouldn't be building anything into ourselves? Actually we would probably die of boredom if we didn't do something so is it a case of being eclectic or selective? Strangely I'm a bit of both, if that's possible, as I tend to be open to almost anything although I have always sort the deepest most profound insights. I also have a habit of constantly testing what I think I know such as the reappearance of the personality and the eternally changing yet changeless nature of things.

I was once so far away from being able to be spontaneous that I needed guidance in that regard. My conditioning had left me in far too many tangled knots to simply let go and expect that to work. I liken it to piano playing: it takes a good teacher and lots of practice to play beautifully and spontaneously.

Plus, of course, there are many arts and practices associated with Taoism. A person who is interested in those would need the help of an experienced teacher.

Screwtape