Sign in to follow this  
Jannski

Coming back to it all after almost two decades

Hi there

Im here to improve my health and find back to a routine and stable practice after many years of adventures around the world and not caring for body mind and soul. 

I used to practice seven star mantis kung fu under grandmaster lee kam wing starting when i was 5/6 until i was 16 and then ventured off into other things and explose myself and the world.

Now that im 34 i come back to it all but feel a deeper calling to the inner arts and also wanting to establish good health and a safe foundation to continue my path im here for.

I spent time in India the last months learning true hatha & kundalini yoga and studying tantric literature. I feel it helps me to have a good and solid system to build up my body and energy body again and cleanse myself from toxins and energetic/emotional baggage that has been accumulated since i left home when i was 16.

Yet  i feel more connected and called to the way of the dao and inner cultivation such as qigong/ neigong as well as tai ji. 

I will start to train with a student of Serge Augier in his Da Xuan system next week and see how that feels. I also got curious about "Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Kung" since i read about it here on DaoBums but i can only find the hardcover dvd online. Anyone knows if or where i could get the digital version to download ? I dont have a dvd player nor a television. 

I also checked out Jerry Alan Johnson for Taiji and found some students where i live that teach his system.

Either way thats about me and my slow steps back into a healthier and more grounded life building myself up again after experiencing an energetic breakdown/burnout many years ago after an intense rebirth breathing session that opened too many traumas and things at once. Some called it premature kundalini awakening others called it chi deviation or chi sickness. Either way something got stuck, went the wrong way and im suffering many weird symptoms since 8 years to this day due to this. One physical/energetic symptom being a tinnitus or humming on especially my right ear and fatigue, intense dreams and bad sleep and energetic sensitivity. Feels like i burned myself energetically. 

Thats how i started to look into microcosmic orbit and qi gong again. Getting Chinese medicine acupuncture treatments now as well. Trying to heal.

If anyone has further recommendation or any comments im always open to hear them. Thanks for reading and see you around.

If anyone has a lead concerning the flying phoenix healing chi kung material it would be deeply appreciated. I would love to obtain it and start practicing it.

Blessings

• Like 2

Hi there,

Can recommend FPCK, but I'm afraid it's DVD only, below is a post of Terry Dunn's which explains why from the FPCK thread.

I didnt have a DVD player either so just brought a really cheap DVD reader for my laptop and it did the job fine.

Good luck with everything.

"Hello a5a5a9,

In what country do you reside? My company has been shipping all the programs in my catalog (see www.taichimania.com) since 1985 in VHS cassettes --before internet when I used to advertise in Yoga Journal, Inside Kung Fu Magazine- and Karate Kung Fu Illustrated. I didn't go to DVDs until about 2001. Today we can ship to practically any country in the world, except we couldn't get product delivered to China, ironically enough.

As I explained earlier on this thread: after consulting with media consultants, top executives in the entertainment industry, lawyers, and a lot of other friends in the media business, I decided in the early part of last year that the risk of piracy and counterfeiting in this digital age was just too great to have do digital downloads of mp4 copies of my programs. The cost to ship my CKFH DVDs to any part of the world is not prohibitive--given the immeasurable if not comparable health benefits that FP Qigong practice provides. And a new DVD player with USB input costs $19 to $30 on Amazon. 

I plan to produce and distribute more advanced levels of FP Qigong on DVD format. These future DVD programs that teach more advanced and dangerous levels will only teach the movements and choreography. For the all-essential breath-control formulas in advanced meditations can only be taught safely once the student has demonstrated proficiency in the forms--PLUS has demonstrated an aptitude in using the FP Qi for healing others. That's how the Bok Fu Pai tradition works --as well as other complete Chinese systems of hygienics.

Sifu Terry Dunn

"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Jannski, welcome to the Bums. I'm a distance student of Da Xuan and would be interested to hear how you get on with your first encounter! Good luck to you whichever way the journey goes.

cheers 

Rob 

• Like 1

On 30/04/2023 at 3:49 AM, Miffymog said:

Hi there,

Can recommend FPCK, but I'm afraid it's DVD only, below is a post of Terry Dunn's which explains why from the FPCK thread.

I didnt have a DVD player either so just brought a really cheap DVD reader for my laptop and it did the job fine.

Good luck with everything.

"Hello a5a5a9,

In what country do you reside? My company has been shipping all the programs in my catalog (see www.taichimania.com) since 1985 in VHS cassettes --before internet when I used to advertise in Yoga Journal, Inside Kung Fu Magazine- and Karate Kung Fu Illustrated. I didn't go to DVDs until about 2001. Today we can ship to practically any country in the world, except we couldn't get product delivered to China, ironically enough.

As I explained earlier on this thread: after consulting with media consultants, top executives in the entertainment industry, lawyers, and a lot of other friends in the media business, I decided in the early part of last year that the risk of piracy and counterfeiting in this digital age was just too great to have do digital downloads of mp4 copies of my programs. The cost to ship my CKFH DVDs to any part of the world is not prohibitive--given the immeasurable if not comparable health benefits that FP Qigong practice provides. And a new DVD player with USB input costs $19 to $30 on Amazon. 

I plan to produce and distribute more advanced levels of FP Qigong on DVD format. These future DVD programs that teach more advanced and dangerous levels will only teach the movements and choreography. For the all-essential breath-control formulas in advanced meditations can only be taught safely once the student has demonstrated proficiency in the forms--PLUS has demonstrated an aptitude in using the FP Qi for healing others. That's how the Bok Fu Pai tradition works --as well as other complete Chinese systems of hygienics.

Sifu Terry Dunn

"

But wasn't he(Terry) working to create an online platform, so you could pay a subscription to get acces to his teachings instead of the need to buy the DVD's? I heard it somewhere, can't remember exactly where now.

9 hours ago, almaxy said:

But wasn't he(Terry) working to create an online platform, so you could pay a subscription to get acces to his teachings instead of the need to buy the DVD's? I heard it somewhere, can't remember exactly where now.

He may have contemplated that while looking into making the DVD's downloadable, but after a lot of thought and research I think he decided to keep things as they are.

Although I could be completely wrong about this. If you post this question on the original FPCK thread, he does respond.

Sign in to follow this