kakapo

Please Delete, Or Lock And Move To The Rabbit Hole

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Hee.  My turn...

Trolling.  I don't think you know what that word actually means.

I refer to my previous post.

1 minute ago, Apech said:

You're a clever guy Daniel and I like a lot of what you post.  But sometimes, intentionally or not you appear to be indulging in intellectual bullying.  This is the DaoBums where everyone is cool and knows the martial art of internet debate.  Be cool.

(sorry about the overuse of the word cool).

It's not bullying.  I simply disagree.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It's not bullying.  I simply disagree.

And if I disagree with your disagreement?

Just now, Apech said:

Maybe you haven't been following the thread closely, but, the OP made this same claim to me in a much harsher mocking fashion.

But when they said it, it was false.  They claimed I didn't know what the word "understanding" means.

In this case, I'm 100% correct.  Please look up "trolling".  It's not even close to what I'm doing.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it and thank you for the correction.

Just now, Apech said:

And if I disagree with your disagreement?

So be it.  We disagree.

Maybe you haven't been following the thread closely, but, the OP made this same claim to me in a much harsher mocking fashion.

But when they said it, it was false.  They claimed I didn't know what the word "understanding" means.

In this case, I'm 100% correct.  Please look up "trolling".  It's not even close to what I'm doing.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it and thank you for the correction.

I haven't been following it at all - I skipped from page 1 to here.  Did I do wrong?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, whocoulditbe? said:

One can accurately predict the obnoxiousness of a post from the saturation of line breaks \half-joking

Hee.  I think if you scroll through the thread, there is approx. equal line breaks, but my posts have much more content organized into paragraphs.

Honestly, what you're observing from me is usually just being in a rush. I haven't forgotten your comment about this, and I apologize if it's... not good.  

So be it.  We disagree.

'Opposition is true friendship'  - William Blake

• Thanks 1

I haven't been following it at all - I skipped from page 1 to here.  Did I do wrong?

If you're judging my behavior, it might be good to read the whole thread.

8 minutes ago, Apech said:

You were a mod at one time no?

In your opinion would it be kosher to basically copy and repost the previous 9 pages of nonsense for 100 more pages, 1000?

Daniel seems sincere in his believe we can have such a 1000 page conversation repeating the same things over and over in public and the mod team is going to be ok with that.

I don't think they will be.

I think people will be suspended and the thread locked, long before we get to 1000 pages.

What do you think?

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1

Just now, Daniel said:

If you're judging my behavior, it might be good to read the whole thread.

Actually I never judge, I just observe and comment.  The comments are my own view on the subject observed.  Clearly the observer is not the observed.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kakapo said:

Daniel seems sincere in his believe we can have such a 1000 page conversation repeating the same things over and over in public and the mod team is going to be ok with that.

I'm not repeating.  I'm trying to move the thread forward.

Here's what I said.  And notice, there is a projected end in sight.

42 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Let's talk about the observer, the observation, and the observed.  Ok?  That's the topic.

The two most recent agenda items are:  Hoffman's theory.  And the gloves analogy vs. The tank driver analogy.

I've noticed inconsistency on your position regarding Hoffman's theory.  Without rehashing it, I think your best option is to abandon it.  Just admit it's self defeating, and you probably shouldn't have brought it into the discussion at all.

After that, I think it makes sense to discuss the two differing, but, similar analogies the tank driver compared to the pair of gloves.  At the end, if we actually discuss it in a non-biased rational manner, I think it will be difficult, perhaps impossible to deny the gloves are a closer match to the perceptual experience of most human beings.

Then we can go back to color, shape, smell, etc and realize that there is very good reason to believe these qualities have inherent accurate correspondence to actual phenomena outside the brain.  This matches what I posted on page 1.  

And that will be the end of our discussion barring any backpedaling on your part in future posts.

1 minute ago, kakapo said:

You were a mod at one time no?

In your opinion would it be kosher to basically copy and repost the previous 9 pages of nonsense for 100 more pages, 1000?

I don't think they will be.

I think people will be suspended and the thread locked, long before we get to 1000 pages.

What do you think?

I think I am no longer a mod.  But if I were I would allow the free flow of conversation provided there were no ad hominem attacks or content which went beyond the pale in terms of subject matter.

• Like 1

Just now, Apech said:

I think I am no longer a mod.  But if I were I would allow the free flow of conversation provided there were no ad hominem attacks or content which went beyond the pale in terms of subject matter.

Has that ever been the case in the past with threads that went to 100 pages?

The best way of arguing that the observer is the obsevred is to argue that there is neither observer nor observed, but this line of argument can also be used to support the claim that ducks are frying pans.

• Like 1

Just now, kakapo said:

Has that ever been the case in the past with threads that went to 100 pages?

In the days of Buddhawarz there were cases of incredibly tiresome, circular and bad natured repetition of the same points which did result in suspension - you are correct on that.

Page count is not the metric.

This is probably a skewed perception based on ignorance and/or denial of the actual reasons of prior moderation.

21 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Page count is not the metric.

This is probably a skewed perception based on ignorance and/or denial of the actual reasons of prior moderation.

You get the mods to come here and tell me we can continue exactly as we have been for these previous 9 pages, for the next 10,000 pages,and 100,000 replies (without fear of suspension or ban, or thread locking under any circumstance), and I will resume public conversation with you.

Edited by kakapo

1 minute ago, whocoulditbe? said:

The best way of arguing that the observer is the obsevred is to argue that there is neither observer nor observed, but this line of argument can also be used to support the claim that ducks are frying pans.

Imagine if you will, a tank driver wearing thick gloves attempting to fry a duck's egg in a frying pan.

• Haha 1

Just now, Apech said:

Imagine if you will, a tank driver wearing thick gloves attempting to fry a duck's egg in a frying pan.

Is he blindfolded? I wouldn't want him to get fried.

Just now, whocoulditbe? said:

Is he blindfolded? I wouldn't want him to get fried.

Yes he has been blindfolded to insure he doesn't interfere with the objectivity of the experiment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kakapo said:

You get the mods to come here and tell me we can continue exactly as we have been for these previous 9 pages, for the next 1000 pages (without fear of suspension or ban, or thread locking), and I will resume public conversation with you.

If you want the mods to 'come here' then report a post.

If you want the mods to 'come here' then report a post.

Last friend of mine in my group who did that got banned,  another group member mentioned they banned the wrong person and they were then banned too. So no I don't think I will do that.

Edited by kakapo
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kakapo said:

Last friend of mine in my group who did that got banned,  another group member mentioned they banned the wrong person and they were then banned too. So no I don't think I will do that.

You have a 'group' ... without me in it!!!!  

• Haha 1