1 hour ago, helpfuldemon said:

I still haven't cemented my understanding, probably the reason I keep posting.  It's a struggle to find happiness, but I do live in silence and rest often.  I mourn too much though, but that is coming to an end I think.  I'm getting accustomed to the idea that all is a matter of choice.

That makes sense. Thank you for sharing that. Ironically, real happiness happens when the struggle STOPS. It also happens as the delusion of choice drops away. What is it that you mourning, if you don't mind me asking? 

Wisdom is advice from our sages and teachers and holy books.  Wisdom is my own understanding and choice for action.  Wisdom fails because it is just one way to view something.  Everyone has their own truth and way to respond to life, and no one way is better than others, though some are more considerate of life and peace. 

I agree that, in your definition, the failure would be that it is a fixed, singular view point. It is a belief, rather than an experienced reality. A belief is something we construct because we don't really know, from a limited number of variables based on a limited set of experiences. What we are after is not a viewpoint, or intellectual construct, but a gnosis. Gnosis is the ability to look at this moment and SEE the reality of that gnosis, in every moment we experience without doubt or recourse to a story to support it. As an analogy, it is the difference between having a recipe to bake a cake that you have never tried and the direct, concomitant experiential knowledge of having baked the cake and the understanding of how the ingredients and process interact to create the finished product.  

The Wisdom (prajna) I am alluding to is not a viewpoint or intellectual construct, but this gnosis.

How do you know when understanding is cemented? There is no doubt, restlessness, or suffering caused by it. You understand that your gnosis belongs to nothing and no-one. If you still harbor doubt, or are restless, there is still work to be done. Non-dual gnosis is the basis for Daoism, Buddhism, Sufism, and is a feature of many (most?) other world religions. 

The Law of life, and history, is Do What Thou Wilt.  But the true law is based on love, and not harming anyone.  We are an essentially lawless species, but with the mind comes Wisdom and knowledge, and these things tell us that love is the Law.  

Thelema is anti-Wisdom. Do What Thou Wilt is the whole of the Law, and so, there really is no Law. There is no one True Will, and for anyone to defend this idea is ridiculous. There is only Will and want, and getting what you want, and your Will done.

Thelema is anti-Wisdom because there is no rule of the Wise. The most Crowley offers is that you will discover what you can get away with as you experiment. There are no hard laws in Thelema.

And in several hours time , you will post the opposite conclusion of this .

Its nice the way you use the esoteric forum as your own personal mental-confusion  ping pong table .

Otherwise people might start filling this space up with valuable and worthwhile knowledge  ... now, we cant have that, can we ?

I suppose that depends on if one would rather see the daobums esoteric forum continue the way it used to

(check most of the threads on tarot , Agrippa, and other such subjects ) or become a full time forum for your own personal mental-confusion  ping pong table .

My preference is for the esoteric forum  to be an esoteric forum and for ' your own personal mental-confusion  ping pong table'  to be posted in one's 'Personal Practice Page ' .

" Bring back the pit !  "  

All my life I lived by my own Will, did what I wanted, and learned Wisdom in the process.  You could say I would have represented  a Thelemite.  Then, after the God spoke and the invasion of my mind and body began, I received the word Aiwass and when I looked it up I was horrified at the possibilities mankind could do in the search for Will, want, and Wisdom.  I didn't realize this had been me my whole life.  Now I understand, and I am not scared.