KaioZel

Hello! Advice?

Hello everyone. I'll give a bref intro to my life story and how I ended up here. 
I'm a cultivator from Norway, still trying to figure out on a path to settle down with long term.
I came into the spriitual arena through studyng (free time) personality, psychology, carl jung, self-help, Wim Hof method, into actualized - Leo Gura and psychedelics, which sort of kicked my butt into the far end of spiritual literature. (this is like, 3 years ago)- I grew up a pentecostal christian, which has influenced me throughout my life, I have had a very strong spiritual experience which I, back when I was 17, considered being my moment of rebirth, which was a very strong experience of love and mental cleansing. The Christian tradition still grounds me to a degree today, but in more in a universal perennialist (bhakti yogic-like way).- I'm a very abstract thinker, so on the symbolism plane I have a tendency to mix terms, cross tradition, for better or worse. (I'm very stereotypically ENFP if that gives any pointers)

Currently a reader and a Kriya yogi practitioner according to the book by J.C Stevens. Taking a few steps back and moving a bit slower forward now (formerly "the secret power of kriya yoga" and "Kriya Yoga
Exposed – By SantataGamana" but, I wanted a bit bigger framework to work with, with more nuances on the steps, as a note: These books go straight to a full 40-60min practice with Maha mudra, and has opinions on most kriya traditions, how accurate it is, im not sure)
- Also know of Ennio Nimis, and will get to his material in due time. 
But more useful than more books, I think would be getting initiated by an actual teacher... but the prices, the distances, the credibility. 
Is all very disturbing to me when trying to find someone. 

I've also been using ashtanga as a physical routine... mostly this year. 
I've also tried regular hatha (asana) and the kriya hatha yoga (whether or not that's "kriya"), and was hesistant to for a while since it was portrayed like kinder garden spirituality, or less important, but since I actually had a stroke around new year, my focus on health and body has slightly increased from before. 

That aside, I've been looking into some neo-gnostic (new age'ish?) sources on astral projection/lucid/dream yoga/enlightenment (astral doorway, glorian, Samael Aun Weor) 
As well as some sources on Daoism (mostly Damo Mitchell - Lotus nei gong) which is much more, down to earth, bodily, you could say. 
And Damo's podcasts sort of, influenced me to using the yogic asanas (instead of dao yin) in preperation for the "deeper" practices. 
As I'm trying to identifying what would be most wise for me to be practicing towards greater awareness while making sure I stay healthy, fit and flexible.
Which is not always easy. If there are any teachers in Norway, pref. near the capital, with high skill, understanding and credibility I would love to know... 

I am very much open and interested in different traditions than kriya as well, like those of Daoist alchemical traditions 

I found out lotus nei gong had a quarters in Sweden... but that's a bit far for me. 

I did see some kundalini and kriya quarters in Norway, but just not so sure how competent either are on the deeper ends of the practice. 

And the competent once seem to cost a bit more woop. 
(The two I have identified: Northern Light Yoga and kriyayoga dot no) which after some research seems to trace back to the shankarananda - Yukteswar lineage) but I dont get the sense that it goes very deep... 

And while dragon gate nei gong, nei dan seems very gentle on the body, I get the impression it's a path that takes much longer time. 
But might just be my impression(?)

Currently I'm temporarily avoiding bhanda locks. Because I sense that's among the riskier techniques, health wise but yeah. Sorry for the messy intro. (I'm not very structured by nature)
If anyone has any advice, warnings or suggestions. I'm all ears. 

• Like 2

Hi KaioZel, Thanks for the intro, lots of experience! Welcome to the forum.:) 

@ilumairen Peter van Breukelen lives in the Netherlands (as I do). Curiosity killed the cat, which country do you live in? 

Edited by Cobie

19 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Hello @KaioZel welcome. 

Given your general location,  Rajarshi Peter von Breukelen was a suggestion.

Thanks for the welcomes and for the suggestion! That would require some future investment in vacation and traveling, I'll keep it in mind to when im in an economic position to do so though.

If anyone has a more local suggestion within my country (Norway), I'd love to hear of it too.

Edited by KaioZel

20 hours ago, Cobie said:

Hi KaioZel, Thanks for the intro, lots of experience! Welcome to the forum.:) 

@ilumairen Peter van Breukelen lives in the Netherlands (as I do). Curiosity killed the cat, which country do you live in? 

In the states, of course. The other two suggestions from the kriyaban I spoke to were much farther away.. like Pennsylvania far away. :lol:

• Haha 1