wandelaar

Lighting up a LED with your body as an antenna?

OK - I also posted my question elsewhere and the result is the same: it's very unlikely that one can light up a LED simply by using one's own body as an antenna that is: unless you have some particularly strong sources of electromagnetic fields in your surroundings and/or are very near to them.

Edited by wandelaar

Assuming body resistance, what would be the voltage generated to light the LED?

Does the body resistance decrease once all the channels are cleared?

It depends on the LED, for the LED I used the voltage I measured as being needed to light up the LED was in the range of 1.55 V to 1.59 V. Much less and the light will hardly be visible, but much more and the LED will be destroyed. I don't know about channels...

Thanks.

16 hours ago, wandelaar said:

. I don't know about channels...

I was wondering whether the body resistance decreases when the channels and meridians of the body were cleared and the dantien was full of qi, referring to what freeform had posted earlier.

1 hour ago, Bhathen said:

I was wondering whether the body resistance decreases when the channels and meridians of the body were cleared and the dantien was full of qi, referring to what freeform had posted earlier.

You will have to ask someone else about the channels as I don't know anything about them.

Found another video about lighting up a LED by harvesting EM-fields:

It's still a far cry from lighting up a LED simply by holding it. But I hope to find more specific info some day...

Edited by wandelaar

I have managed to light up a blue LED (but not a red LED) by connecting one pin to the ground and by grabbing the other pin. If you want to do this yourself you must perform this experiment in pitch darkness, otherwise the faint glow of the LED will be invisible. You also have to pay attention to view the LED from the right angle, otherwise you won't see anything. However by alternately touching and not touching the LED, you can clearly see that it turns on and off. I have done this in my own living room, and that was what I planned to do. Further experiments outdoors will have to be done by others. Also I haven't got the equipment to make a video of the experiment, but it would be nice if someone else would do that. I haven't done any kind of cultivation or chi stuff beforehand so I suppose that anyone with some perseverance and a rudimentary knowledge of electronics could replicate the same results.

I don't consider my own results as anything paranormal or mysterious because any normal western house contains lots of household electronics so there will always be EM-waves that can be picked up by the human body as an antenna. But I didn't succeed in getting a LED to light up brightly, so that might still be something chi-related. On the other hand there might also exist very efficient LED's that would have lighted up brightly in my experiment. I just don't know.   

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, wandelaar said:

I have managed to light up a blue LED (but not a red LED) by connecting one pin to the ground and by grabbing the other pin. If you want to do this yourself you must perform this experiment in pitch darkness, otherwise the faint glow of the LED will be invisible. You also have to pay attention to view the LED from the right angle, otherwise you won't see anything. However by alternately touching and not touching the LED, you can clearly see that it turns on and off. I have done this in my own living room, and that was what I planned to do. Further experiments outdoors will have to be done by others. Also I haven't got the equipment to make a video of the experiment, but it would be nice if someone else would do that. I haven't done any kind of cultivation or chi stuff beforehand so I suppose that anyone with some perseverance and a rudimentary knowledge of electronics could replicate the same results.

I don't consider my own results as anything paranormal or mysterious because any normal western house contains lots of household electronics so there will always be EM-waves that can be picked up by the human body as an antenna. But I didn't succeed in getting a LED to light up brightly, so that might still be something chi-related. On the other hand there might also exist very efficient LED's that would have lighted up brightly in my experiment. I just don't know.   

This is very interesting.

I think it should be trivial to replicate if you are near any high-voltage sources; a better test, in my opinion, would be to be as far from any power lines or electrical devices as you can go.

On an interesting note, trees can generate enough electricity to power LEDs, and this is not due to a battery effect like how a potato or lemon can be used for a battery.

https://www.livescience.com/5711-electricity-harvested-trees.html

It is difficult to say whether this is evidence of Chi, but it is certainly intriguing that trees generate an electrical current that is not explained by the battery effect.

I would be happy to see others replicate my experiment. And better still somewhere in the open fields far from cities, industry and the like. Very important point: the light from the LED is very faint and only visible when looked at in the dark and from the correct angle. That's why it took me so long to see that the LED did in fact light up. Also I finally used a blue LED, as the red one didn't work for me. So it could be that blue ones are easier to use. One further point: the LED was under the correct voltage as I measured with an oscilloscope, so it didn't magically (faintly) light up without receiving the appropriate voltage. This also points in the direction of a non-paranormal physical explanation, namely that the energy came from the EM-fields in the surroundings as picked up by my body.

I don't know what happens in the open fields, that's for others to explore. If the LED (faintly) lights up even there, than the next thing to do is to measure the EM-fields in those surroundings to see if the EM-fields there could have been the cause.

Edited by wandelaar

23 hours ago, wandelaar said:

be EM-waves that can be picked up by the human body as an antenna. But I didn't succeed in getting a LED to light up brightly,

the current lighting the LED comes from the difference of electric potentials between your body and the ground, not from your body antenna picking up EM because the body would fully absorb the EM energy 

7 hours ago, kakapo said:

I think it should be trivial to replicate if you are near any high-voltage sources; a better test, in my opinion, would be to be as far from any power lines or electrical devices as you can go.

pls see above. a living body cannot transform EM into current. A body can accumulate the static electricity though, which is different from EM

@Taoist Texts

Do the experiment yourself and see what happens! If you have an oscilloscope you will see that the EM-fields that are picked up by your body are from the mains in the building, and they show up as an alternating voltage that can be measured between your body and the ground. I'm not going to have a discussion on words, but if you have some empirical facts I'm interested. 

• Like 1