ChiDragon

Qigong--Chinese breathing exercise

Practitioners who practice Qigong,  must study the concept of breathing and take mental note of its importance. By all means, learn to breathe the abdominal breathing method. It is to breathe slowly and deep down to the abdomen. It is the ultimate breathing method(UBM) for traditional and modern science which are called for. Whatever one thinks it is chi, energy or oxygen, just breathe it to be beneficial. Who cares what it is call as long it produces energy in the body or gives energy to the body. Whatever one thinks it is. It works, that's all it matters.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6763845/

• Like 1

It would be nice to have someone who wish to express how the breathing was done. So, we can see how people perform and understand the breathing exercise with different method. Thus we might be ale to determine which is the ultimate breathing method.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2023 at 12:17 AM, ChiDragon said:

… It works, that's all it matters. 

My body does the breathing, I do not interfere :) . 無為 - no interference. Works for me. :) 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/01/2023 at 12:17 AM, ChiDragon said:

… learn to breathe the abdominal breathing method. It is to breathe slowly and deep down to the abdomen. It is the ultimate breathing method(UBM) …

I’ve never not had UBM. This might be different for other people, and it might be some do have to “learn” UBM. :) 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cobie said:

I’ve never not had UBM. This might be different for other people, and it might be some do have to “learn” UBM. :) 

Learn to breathe and practice to reach to the UMB level has no interference. Everyone has to breathe but try to do better than normal by practicing. Eventually, from the diligent practice of natural breathing, the breath will go down deeper to reach the abdomen(LDT). That is the UBM.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1