Sign in to follow this  
Everyday

I often posted critically in response to Son of the Gods, and it doesn't surprise me at all that:

8 hours ago, Everyday said:

having visited his forums it kind of seems like he went off the deep end a bit  (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

What he had worked on was dangerous and unnecessary in terms of practice, there are safe and very effective ways to combine Chinese and Western traditions.

As for this:

8 hours ago, Everyday said:

I never really saw anyone else bridge the gap between these two interests of mine but him

I started working to bridge the gap a long time ago:

On 1/4/2018 at 3:50 PM, Zhongyongdaoist said:

First of all some background, I first became familiar with the Dao De Jing, Yi Jing and Taiji quan in the Summer/Fall of 1966, from my older brother who brought them home from College with him.  There was not much available in books at the time, though there was some literature on acupuncture and between us we managed to find enough to keep us interested.  Early in 1971, my brother got Charles Luk's Taoist Yoga book, as well another book by him, which I think was called Secrets of Chinese Meditation, which while it dealt mostly with Buddhist meditation, had a couple of chapters on Daoist meditation and was a useful supplement to Taoist Yoga.  Over the next several years I bought everything that I could find on qigong.  There was precious little at the time, but if you actually studied and thought about what you were reading, it was possible to learn a fair amount.  I was also working on Western magical practices at the time, and had some background in hatha yoga, which was helpful.  It must have worked because by the time I actually started to study Internal Martial arts with a real teacher, he was very impressed with how much my qi I had developed.

Around 1976, 1977 at the latest I read Michael Saso's Taoism and the Rite of Cosmic Renewal, which was my introduction to the "religious" Daoist system of ritual and meditative alchemy, which as I have said, I prefer to call ritual Daoism.  This resulted in a major reorientation in my thinking about Daoism, and "internal alchemy", and since I was already also interested in Western Ritual magic, and had practiced it some years I became primarily interested in learning more about the Daoist Ritual System, though I kept the material and practices dealt with in Taoist Yoga, as containing fundamental insights and being of great importance, the practical question being was it possible to achieve the same type of results through Daoist Ritual methods as the deep meditative methods outlined in Taoist Yoga.  I will post more about what I consider to be the relationship between these practices, and also qigong such as Mantak Chia wrote about, in subsequent posts.

My research into Daoist Ritual developed slowly but I continued with working out the synthesis of qigong and Western magic which I had started earlier in the 70s.  The 80s were a particularly strong period of development in Western magic as I proved in practice the usefulness of practicing Golden Dawn type magic within the fuller worldview and practice of Cornelius Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy.  At the end of the 80s I would humorously summarize my studies and their directions as "Cornelius Agrippa meets the Golden Dawn in Medieval China".  In the 90s I started practical investigation of Ritual Daoism with good results.  I have continued to work toward a synthesis of Chinese and Western Esotericism since then and it is this synthesis which I am thinking about teaching.

This is from my PPD where I talk some about various aspects of the two subjects, unfortunately non Dao Bums cannot access this area of Dao Bums.  There are more post there that you might find interesting, and there are more of my posts on Dao Bums, such as my discussions of Cornelius Agrippa and his work in Agrippa Textual Study, which are available to non Dao Bums who may be reading this.

Zhongyongdaoist

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Everyday said:

You think so? I've heard glowing praise from pretty much everyone that studied under him. Did you work through his system?

I have not seen any signs of a "system" there. The system has pointers A -> B -> C, a progression, and an ability to evolve oneself.

"Theimmortalpath.com" looked like a complete mess with piles of junk and garbage lying around, with some free ads to "support the website". It was probably even worse structured than Damo's self-made scamgong academy, which is ridiculously bad.

There are a bunch of videos online with photoshopped after-effects, showing nothing substantial but a mental illness and deviations.
I would say that the guy is completely lost in what he is doing and why. It is understandable though if he is under entity possession.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this