NoOne

Is the Mo Pai Training Manual Real or Fake?

Like everyone else I was interested after seeing John Chang's feats in the documentary.

I found the Mo Pai training manual. I did a search on these forums but didn't seem to find anything related to this book specifically.

It was apparently compiled by Jeff McDuffie. 72 pages. Parts are written in Indonesian. Below is the overview of the book.

Notes On The Training Techniques
De Qi Earth Grounding Zhan Zhuang: Foundation
This special form of zhan zhuang is the foundational practice in the mo pai system, and begins the process of hooking up to the
earths yin qi and circulating it through the body. A important aspect of this practice is the opening of the yongquan points on the
bottoms of the feet. This method can be reversed to extend the baihui into the sky to pull in yang qi. Opening these points are
crucial aspects of the whole system.

Nei Yang Gong: Level 1
This meditation practice was once a very secret practice in a Buddhist lineage, that also incorporated Taoist elements into the
practice. It wont untill in the last half of the 20th century that it was publicly revealed. A man by the name of Shifu Lin sold level 1
of mo pai for $300 and it was this same technique but he didnt call it Nei Yang Gong. His instructions of the practice was
incomplete and now here is the full level 1. I personally thought at one time his level 1 was fake but it wont untill i found the full
method did i realise it was the real thing. The complete version contains triangle and square breathing (used to get down to 1
breath a minute), both of which are the foundation breathing methods in all tenaga dalam schools in Java or Indonesia as a
whole. Unique aspects of the meditation are the up and down tongue movement and the yin and yang breathing, which can either
make the body more yin or more yang. Other aspects are the use of positive affirmations which were originally Buddhist mantras
and the use of the lower or middle dantian areas in cultivation.

Latihan Menarik Getaran Tenaga Dalum: Level 2/2a
The name of this technique translates to "exciting and exercising the vibration of inner power". This technique is the exact same
practice as Jim McMillan taught as level 2a but with additional points. The qi condensing part of this practice can be done sitting
(and should be) as well by pushing the air below the navel (the abdomen being tensed), and pulling up huiyin and then holding
them in a compressed state together for 45 seconds while focussing inside the lower dantian. This draws in extra qi and makes it
solid while processing the qi into a stronger form able to be used. The other focus of this technique is to fill up the upper channels
in the arms with yang qi. This will have to be translated because i did not include it (but read it) so a person can see for
themselves. You will have to use a "picture to text" app to copy and paste into Google Translate. The translation is not the best
into English but its understandable.

Menyalurkan Tenaga Dalam: Counterpart to 2a
This practice translates to "distributing inner power". It is the counterpart to level 2 and teaches how to project qi from the hands.
This is known as fa qi in some neijia schools. This was never touched on in Jim McMillan's instructions. Needs to be translated
also.

Starting To Cut The Cords & Pushing Yang Qi: Level 2b
The most mysterious level of mo pai finally revealed.

The Empty Force Breath: Level 3
This is the main practice used to learn how to move the qi ball around and cut all the cords. A similar practice exists in kundalini
yoga and in some Tibetan tsa lung practices. This is the practice that will have to be done for up to 3 hours a day. By this time the
lower dantian will be completely filled with yang qi and through this practice the ball of yang qi will fully become mobile. In this
practice you do not have to make any sounds or stick the tongue out as in the instructions. These two things are just extra details
that are not important to the objective we are using this method for.

Complete Fusion Practices: Level 4/5
These last three methods are used to first make a special connection from huiyin to the inside of the lower dantian which causes
a spark. The second practice is sending down the yang qi into the earth where you pull back up as much yin qi as you've sent
down yang over time. The third and final practice completes the fusion by fusing the inner and outer yin and yang inside the lower
dantian. A explosive force will be generated inside the lower abdomen if yin and yang comes together like a mix of fire, light and
electricity. If completed then you will become like a conduit between heaven and earth, and will have mastered the thunder and
lightning.

Yi Qi Gong: Opening everything
"Hooking up the cables". Opens all the meridian channels which number 72, and then finally the full opening of the crown using a
very special method at the very end. This concludes the overview of the training methods.
This manual represents the very best and most precise instruction on mo pai nei gong with only the mo pai school itself knowing
anything missing or more. It took lots of researching over the course of 6 years and reading over 1000 books on similar subjects
just to come across these practices and which are now combined into this short pdf. These practices are as close to real mo pai
as anything else out there and does exactly the same internal processes.

1 hour ago, NoOne said:

Jeff McDuffie

Yea, don’t follow anything by him. He’s a bit of a nut. In fact, don’t even try to learn Mo Pai, the school is closed to outsiders so there is no point learning something you can’t progress in. 

There are many others who can do what Pak John can. Some teach on this site, like Rudi from Authentic Neigong, others are harder to find. A few weeks ago I met an Indonesian Sufi master in London who does the same electric qi treatment as Pak John, really cool to experience in person. There is a TCM doctor in Singapore who also does it and is easily accessible to the public. 

If you want to learn properly, check out https://authenticneigong.com/

Edited by Pak_Satrio

16 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Yea, don’t follow anything by him. He’s a bit of a nut. In fact, don’t even try to learn Mo Pai, the school is closed to outsiders so there is no point learning something you can’t progress in. 

There are many others who can do what Pak John can. Some teach on this site, like Rudi from Authentic Neigong, others are harder to find. A few weeks ago I met an Indonesian Sufi master in London who does the same electric qi treatment as Pak John, really cool to experience in person. There is a TCM doctor in Singapore who also does it and is easily accessible to the public. 

If you want to learn properly, check out https://authenticneigong.com/

I figured as much given it was a hacked together pdf.

Teachers are a bit too pricey considering I'm just getting my feet wet, and am still not sure if this kind of chi projection/phenomena is real.

What about books? Or DVDs? Are there any good ones for learning?

Going through the forums, the ones I saw mentioned often were:

Yang Jwing Ming - Root of Chinese Qigong

Wang Mu Fabrizio - Foundations of Inner Alchemy & The way of the Golden Elixir & The Seal of Unity

Damo Mitchell - A Comprehensive Guide & White Moon

Since chi is intrinsic to every person, and there are many schools to achieve the same results, I would think there should be basic fundamentals that one can learn even from books.

2 hours ago, NoOne said:

I would think there should be basic fundamentals that one can learn even from books.

Nothing helpful, nothing worth the price being asked.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NoOne said:

This is the only one I know.

It's all theory (and rather long-winded at that). Useful stuff to know, but it's not going to get you anywhere in terms of practice.

6 hours ago, NoOne said:

Since chi is intrinsic to every person

There’s qi that governs bodily processes - that’s intrinsic. There’s qi that’s cultivated (over and above what’s required) - not intrinsic, and it takes at least a couple of years of training to begin to generate to any great extent.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

This is the only one I know.

It's all theory (and rather long-winded at that). Useful stuff to know, but it's not going to get you anywhere in terms of practice.

What will get you somewhere in terms of practice?

8 hours ago, NoOne said:

I figured as much given it was a hacked together pdf.

Teachers are a bit too pricey considering I'm just getting my feet wet, and am still not sure if this kind of chi projection/phenomena is real.

What about books? Or DVDs? Are there any good ones for learning?

Going through the forums, the ones I saw mentioned often were:

Wang Mu Fabrizio - Foundations of Inner Alchemy & The way of the Golden Elixir & The Seal of Unity

Damo Mitchell - A Comprehensive Guide & White Moon

Since chi is intrinsic to every person, and there are many schools to achieve the same results, I would think there should be basic fundamentals that one can learn even from books.

I wouldn’t waste your time learning from books. They are good for knowledge but not for practice. You need a teacher to guide you and correct you on how to practice properly. If you really want to learn you will make the sacrifice of £50 a month.