Immortality

Permission to post a YouTube Video?

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask the moderator team if I have permission to post a YouTube video on Tao cultivation. I sometimes assist a friend of mine in digital matters as he is not too comfortable with unnatural radiation; he has made a video about his experience of cultivating the Tao, but at the very end there is a reference to a related book he has published. I fear that by just bluntly sharing the video it might come across as spam. Hence, I would like to ask the moderator team for permission, and give my kind understanding should permission not be granted.

Kindly,

Immortality

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Immortality said:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask the moderator team if I have permission to post a YouTube video on Tao cultivation. I sometimes assist a friend of mine in digital matters as he is not too comfortable with unnatural radiation; he has made a video about his experience of cultivating the Tao, but at the very end there is a reference to a related book he has published. I fear that by just bluntly sharing the video it might come across as spam. Hence, I would like to ask the moderator team for permission, and give my kind understanding should permission not be granted.

Kindly,

Immortality

It's fine for people to promote their ideas and products, here.  (Sharing pirated material is discouraged.)

This whole site is about discussing various such stuff, so you're good here.  :)

Activities NOT considered spam:  all cool, quite welcome here B)

- Having a thread about a product/method (yours' or someone else's, all good)

- occasionally mentioning/discussing same in various threads

- discussing same as a out-right torrent in your own Personal Practice Section

What *IS* considered spam?:  (basically: really going overboard)

- constantly posting your product/school in Welcoming Section "hello" threads :rolleyes:(occasionally, appropriately, is fine)

- constantly posting same in every frickin' thread all over the board!  :angry:

- Trunk

admin, TheDaoBums

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trunk said:

It's fine for people to promote their ideas and products, here.  (Sharing pirated material is discouraged.)

This whole site is about discussing various such stuff, so you're good here.  :)

Activities NOT considered spam:  all cool, quite welcome here B)

- Having a thread about a product/method (yours' or someone else's, all good)

- occasionally mentioning/discussing same in various threads

- discussing same as a out-right torrent in your own Personal Practice Section

What *IS* considered spam?:  (basically: really going overboard)

- constantly posting your product/school in Welcoming Section "hello" threads :rolleyes:(occasionally, appropriately, is fine)

- constantly posting same in every frickin' thread all over the board!  :angry:

- Trunk

admin, TheDaoBums

What about scammers who were historically banned for promoting their material and scamming members?

Dawei did a long investigation with at least several different individuals I recall, and I'm not going to name names.

I ask because right now the policy appears a bit nebulous from the attempts to be a bit more universal and open, and some have attempted to slip through the cracks but were caught.

6 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

What about scammers who were historically banned for promoting their material and scamming members?

Nefarious activity is not welcome.  :ph34r:

Impossible to name all the variations…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trunk said:

Nefarious activity is not welcome.  :ph34r:

Impossible to name all the variations…

All I know is for the few scammers who tried their game recently (some this year), it's good for everyone to remain vigilant (not linking to those threads or citing names--I'm sure you already know).