dwai

Neigong

A very powerful and different perspective on what Neigong is is available from Master Waysun Liao’s online classes on taichitao.tv

The lecture is broken down into 10-12 short video lessons that cover the essence of Neigong in temple style taichi. What’s so refreshing about it is, is the fact that it doesn’t make a big deal about technical jargon and explains the mechanics  in a clear and lucid manner. The method of practice is using the corpus of taichi forms and meditations of the system. 

9C972E68-D312-42B2-9E78-270BD620B36A.thumb.jpeg.aa538f2be4baeb520bb78754da72fd99.jpeg

I’m sharing here a diagram of how he explains the “cosmology” of dao, what de is, and how body, mind, energy (qi) and spirit relate to each other and the de. 

The concentric circles above are as follows - B(ody), M(ind), Q(I), S(hen). 

Dao being the cause and source of existence, the De is a copy of dao that exists in all beings. It is formed at the time of birth, when yin and Yang combine. This de also corresponds to the lower dantien. 

As beings, the body-mind travels from birth to death. The same yin and Yang that come from the dao, and fuse together to create us, will separate and disperse back into the dao. This is called death. 

Shen(spirit)  is the interface between us (individual) and dao (universal). 

Neigong is activated using the mind, and we use the mind initially to train the body, work with the energy (qi), until we get to feeling the qi, and realize our De. At this point, we are in touch with our spirit/Shen and can effectively attain dao. 

I strongly recommend accessing those lectures - very helpful. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, dwai said:

taichitao.tv

Could you link the series please?  All the videos I'm seeing are on the Taiji form