kino

Nei Kung Master

47 minutes ago, 小梦想 said:

If you don't know how to practice, how can you practice?

Firstly, one must learn and understand the concept before anything else. It is not beneficial to go into something blindly. One must start something use it as guideline. That is why ChiDumbass, very modest nickname, asking questions for help here! Whoever can help him, please help him but not to give him bunch of go-around.

Edited by ChiDragon

2 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

Firstly, one must learn and understand the concept before anything else. It is not beneficial to go into something blindly. One must start something use it as guideline. That is why ChiDumbass, very modest nickname, asking questions for help here! Whoever can help him, please help him but not to give him bunch of go-around.

No. All the knowledge in the world won’t help you if you don’t know how to do practices that actually work. 

2 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

No. All the knowledge in the world won’t help you if you don’t know how to do practices that actually work. 

Yes, that is what the trend of all the practitioners. Who cares how it works as long it works. It is fine if people don't need to know, just don't bother with it. However, there is no reason to reject or deny others who want to to do so.

For some practical person like me, as a retired engineer, it is my nature to find out why things do work that way. Besides, I have all the resources available for me to grab. Thank you for your response.

1 minute ago, ChiDragon said:

Yes, that is what the trend of all the practitioners. Who cares how it works as long it works. It is fine if people don't need to know, just don't bother with it. However, there is no reason to reject or deny others who want to to do so.

For some practical person like me, as a retired engineer, it is my nature to find out why things do work that way. Besides, I have all the resources available for me to grab. Thank you for your response.

Then wouldn’t it be better to learn the practices that do work from someone who has had tangible results from those practices and then figuring out how they work?

Saves you a lot of time instead of trying to figure out every practice, many of which will do nothing at all.

12 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Then wouldn’t it be better to learn the practices that do work from someone who has had tangible results from those practices and then figuring out how they work?

Saves you a lot of time instead of trying to figure out every practice, many of which will do nothing at all.

Yes, that will work for your own preference. I am not suggesting to figure out every practice but just the one you are practicing and has significant result.

Edited by ChiDragon

26 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Ok, I wish you all the best with your practice. 

Thank you! I wish you are the same.

• Like 1

Just want to leave a warm and sincere thank you to all who gave their 2 cents to this discussion. I learnt a lot from not only reading the posts addressed to me but from observing the exchanges between other members on here. I really love and respect this community and what it stands for. I wish all a blessed journey on their path. May ours cross again sometime in the future. Thanks again to all. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1