Sign in to follow this  
WitheringTree

Random Thought

U know the more I think about it Taoist are like jedi. Like really similar they just don't hold a big flaming stick everywhere and fight guys in white armor.  I was watching Star Wars and was like this seems kind of similar then it hit me.See the source image 

R.jpg

" Taoists are like Jedi "     ............  

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952za1hj1a5qhawqvvnkhv

Yes. This is a prime example of a 'modern outlook'  .

Ho-hum .

I listen to all sorts of music , from Tool, NIna Hargen, Vangelis .... all the way through to classical , Philip Glass , etc .

I would say I am reasonably educated , thanks to free education supplied by government and my own continuing ongoing efforts . So, I am at the markets and a young group of buskers / merry minstrels are playing .... they are good ... actually, they are very good . I talk to them during a break , Aha !   they are actually music students from  a distant city University , doing a little busking tour .I listen to more after the break,  I like their music as it plays and experiments with many classical themes , within this they have a good sense of humour, irony and inventiveness . So I buy a CD .

Some time later I am in car with friend, put the CD on and she ' Why are you listening to that  for ? It sounds like 'cartoon music ' .  "

:rolleyes:

Dear friend; if you didnt realise ,  'cartoon music' often did what these guys where doing , imitating, playing with and developing certain classical music themes  ... to think, that it is thought , that those young creative musicians where merely coping music they had heard from watching cartoons  .....  < shudder > , no I didnt explain to her ... I am over explaining things and watching the dumb look I get in return , or the 'amp up' ready for an uninformed opposing  argument .... ho - hum .

Another  ( now ex ) friend ;    I make a point of philosophy , and he sorta agrees ..... because he is familiar with that from watching the Simpsons ... where it was once alluded to .... and he thinks I was quoting the Simpsons .     ..... ho-hum .

MY point ?

NO   withering tree .....  Taoists are not like Jedi .

and a heap of other things are NOT likeJedi  and not 'like Star Wars'  .   I mean, would you  think   'Samurai are like Jedi '  ??????

Star Wars copied themes from things that already existed !   A type of existential plagiarism , recycled to gain popularity with the uninformed .

Surely you must realise what comes first and who copied whom ?

... and in case you didnt understand any of that .... here , watch this instead ;

But WHY did your brain have that 'random thought '  ?  My friend that criticised my music choice was having a 'random thought ' .

Why didnt your 'random thought' go like this ...... " Hey .... these Jedi are based on Daoists . "

The issue that it was 'random thought ' is no excuse at all  ... and why did you miss the whole point of what I posted ?   And why does your  lame  'random thought excuse '  make you    laugh ?  

Think about it  .......  

Sign in to follow this